Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree761Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2020, 07:07 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's a story that could work well as a miniseries and Rachel Weitz is a tremendous actor. I'll be very interested to see what other names (directors, cast) are attached to the project.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 25th August 2020, 09:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Urban legend remake.

https://www.ihorror.com/urban-legend...2wqOOcsf3cwrdo
Old 30th September 2020, 12:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Zac efron lands a role in Firestarter remake,

https://www.ihorror.com/zac-efron-la...HepOjeChjrQxN0
Old 23rd October 2020, 03:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.ihorror.com/joe-hill-has...GwjvjzpAFO53cI

Joe Hill Has A Great Idea For A Maximum Overdrive Reboot

Say what you will about the Stephen King directed Maximum Overdrive. Say whatever you will. Unless, you are among the small group of people that think this movie is awesome, than you are wrong. It was awesome and gets a lot of unnecessary guff. King wrote and first time directed while on cocaine and thank god, because it was great. Now, his son Joe Hill has an idea for a Maximum Overdrive remake that, I’m pretty okay with.

While on Mick Garris’ Post Mortem Podcast, the subject of Maximum Overdrive came up and Hill had this to say about where he would take his dad’s film about killer trucks, electric knives and soda machines.

“The time is right, okay. So basically, they’re all the self-driving vehicles. So it’s no longer a comet that sets them off, it’s a virus in the electronics that sets them off. And so you’ve got these giant Tesla semi trucks, ya know, wiping everyone out. I think it could be great.”

So, yea. Obviously. Yes. This sounds cool to me. As long as we throw in a little league player getting his head squashed by a steamroller, I’m in.

The idea of throwing in Tesla’s gone crazy and literally everything being electronic, has a real Black Mirror meets Stephen King vibe to it.
Old 26th January 2021, 11:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not sure if this has been posted before,

Jordan peele to do People under the stairs remake.

https://www.collider.com/jordan-peel...-stairs-remake

Exclusive: Jordan Peele Mounting 'The People Under the Stairs' Remake at Universal
Wes Craven directed the 1991 horror comedy, which starred Brandon Adams, Everett McGill and Wendy Robie.

After directing Get Out and Us for Universal, Jordan Peele is set to produce a remake of The People Under the Stairs for the studio, Collider has exclusively learned.

Wes Craven directed the 1991 horror satire, which starred Brandon Adams, Everett McGill, Wendy Robie, A.J. Langer and Ving Rhames. The movie celebrates its 29th anniversary this coming Sunday on Nov. 1.

The original film followed a young boy and two adult thieves who become trapped in a house belonging to a strange couple known as the Robesons after breaking in to steal their rare coin collection. They find a lot more than they bargained for waiting for them in the basement.

The People Under the Stairs was hailed as a disturbing and deranged horror satire that offered biting social commentary, and while numerous reviews compared the Robesons to nightmare versions of Ronald and Nancy Reagan, one LA Weekly critic compared them to noted racists Donald Sterling and Donald Trump. The latter Donald proved to be a particularly apt comparison, seeing as the Robesons also keep kids in cages.

Peele will produce the remake alongside Win Rosenfeld via their Monkeypaw Productions banner, and though Peele is not expected to direct the film himself, it remains unclear whether he and/or Rosenfeld will have a hand in writing the script, as they did in co-writing Candyman alongside director Nia DaCosta.

The People Under the Stairs is the first Craven movie to get the remake treatment since the director's death in 2015 -- two months after the Scream TV series debuted on MTV. In fact, Craven was developing a People Under the Stairs TV series for the SyFy Channel prior to his death. That show never moved forward, but it was described as "a contemporary Downton Abbey meets Amityville Horror" that would've followed "a young woman [who] goes missing at the grand Robeson Family Manor” and the “centuries-old horrors that lie deep within the estate.” Expect Peele's company to steer things in a different direction and emphasize the film's social commentary.

Peele has yet to announce his third feature as a director, and the only acting gigs he has announced are voice roles in Henry Selick's animated horror-comedy Wendell and Wild, Evan Marlowe's animated horror movie Abruptio and the fourth season of Netflix's animated comedy Big Mouth, in which Peele voices the Ghost of Duke Ellington.

Peele is one of the executive producers behind HBO's buzzy new series Lovecraft Country along with Misha Green and J.J. Abrams, and he's also an executive producer on the Amazon series Hunters, which is, shall we say, more my cup of tea. Additionally, Peele continues to serve as the narrator and executive producer of The Twilight Zone on CBS All Access. He's represented by CAA, Artists First and attorney Jared Levine

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 26th January 2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old 26th January 2021, 02:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before,

Jordan peele to do People under the stairs remake.

https://www.collider.com/jordan-peel...-stairs-remake
Yes, gag, it's been posted before. By you. Three months ago. From the same website.

The Remakes Thread
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th January 2021, 02:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Yes, gag, it's been posted before. By you. Three months ago. From the same website.

The Remakes Thread
I did go back 20 pages and didn’t see it, (yes it’s either further back than that) but I can’t remember everything I post
Old 26th January 2021, 02:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I did go back 20 pages and didn’t see it, (yes it’s either further back than that) but I can’t remember everything I post
You could have gone back to page 1 and wouldn't have seen your previous post – it's on a different thread!
Old 26th January 2021, 02:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Easiest thing to do is to check the dates on the articles you post. If it was yesterday then there's a chance it's not been mentioned. If it's three months ago then ignore it as you are very consistent at posting these things.
Old 26th January 2021, 02:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
in that case i'd suggest not posting anything.

Well, if you're going to post something, be judicious in posting three month old content from other websites!

Like this? Share it using the links below!