Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd June 2013, 04:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One last time then...........

The first I had thrust at me after a hysterical "review" from a civillian. Apart from Laser channeling Udo Kier, was BORED BORED BORED.

The second is one of my favourite comedies of this century. Plus a great guide how to deal with noisy neighbours

The 3rd should either be a musical or in 3D....then it writes itself.

Now I'm off to wank over dead children.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th June 2013, 02:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Where can you get the uncut HC 2
Old 10th June 2013, 04:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Where can you get the uncut HC 2
D&T Mailorder Shop

There is also a USA release, look on Amazon. If you like the mediabook, then HC 1 is also available.
Old 4th March 2014, 11:15 PM
Cult Master

First 'Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)' Image Crawls In!!!! -
Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th March 2014, 11:27 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

A 500+ human centipede i will have to watch this now and Eric Roberts think im sold even tho i didnt think the first was great.
Old 5th March 2014, 02:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

i enjoyed first for different reason.. but it was what horror industry needed something new and fresh, that you cant say youve seen countless no of times, and makes change from a serial killer which can occasionaly be boring. part 2 well did leave a bit of nasty taste in youre mouth, especialy barbwire rape seen scene not exactly something you rush to put on in front of friends. and gone beyond the boundries of anything youve ever seen before.
Old 5th March 2014, 09:04 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

"Part 3 is very American with the highest budget, a big movie score, widescreen, and an XXL human centipede. It’s set in an American maximum security prison in the middle of the desert…”"

Colour me intrigued...
Old 5th March 2014, 10:31 AM
Cult Rookie

This goes out to everyone who is saying "meh" to the first two movies:

You need to watch more Paranormal Activity. (sarcasm)

What I mean is, Human Centipede is a legitimate entry in modern horror that pushes the envelope for the sake of gross factor. In a market crammed with truly retarded "horror" movies, like the entire Paranormal Activity series, which in my opinion is nothing more than 2 hour long trailers for worn out horror themes, I think you need to put the Centipede movies back into perspective. I personally applaud Tom Six in his efforts to bring a fresh take on the familiar Mad Doctor genre with a lot of reliance on viewer imagination. Its as gross as you make it, or want it to be.
Old 5th March 2014, 11:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smagmata View Post
This goes out to everyone who is saying "meh" to the first two movies:

You need to watch more Paranormal Activity. (sarcasm)

What I mean is, Human Centipede is a legitimate entry in modern horror that pushes the envelope for the sake of gross factor. In a market crammed with truly retarded "horror" movies, like the entire Paranormal Activity series, which in my opinion is nothing more than 2 hour long trailers for worn out horror themes, I think you need to put the Centipede movies back into perspective. I personally applaud Tom Six in his efforts to bring a fresh take on the familiar Mad Doctor genre with a lot of reliance on viewer imagination. Its as gross as you make it, or want it to be.

Personally, I think both franchises are just different strands of the same tedious way horror films are made these days. THC rams the gross factor down your throat with little else to say, PA films do the same with the quiet-quiet-quiet-BANG shocks.

There's no viewer imagination in THC films as far as I'm concerned; it's all there onscreen. I was intrigued by the look of the 2nd film and the different approach it took but I just got bored amidst all the nastiness. I'm similarly intrigued by the idea of an American-style widescreen film for the third but, y'know, once bitten and all that...
Old 14th March 2015, 02:26 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I recently picked up the first one and gave it a chance and i must admit i enjoyed it way more the second time around still not seen THC 2. Anyway is there any news on this one i still need to see this giant centipede.

Like this? Share it using the links below!