Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2017, 06:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
A bit of everything, just not into a lot of todays music, (c) rap r&b and anything thats in that direction, like rock music from 70s when rock was proper rock, a lot of todays music is aimed literally at kids, dont get me wrong there is some good music but aint going to find most of it on your basic stations , and radio one is awful now. Cant stand music where sounds like u just making noises grunting and shouting you're left wondering if their singing any words, i like a lot of dance when dance was real dance and not just a noise, some of my all time fav groups are Big country, The The, ive seen over 50bands groups etc.
Inxs, blur, manics, muse, prodigy, deep purple, jean michelle jarre, gorrilaz, meat loaf, chemical brothers are just a few ive seen. Most main stream radio stations just cater the music and handfull of song and top 40, half of the time some of the best song dont make the top 40, or its all manufactured from x factor and shows like that, matt cardle, james arthur and making people like honey g or what ever she called that have absolutely no tale talent, into household names, how famous one direction are is equivalent to the Beatles in their day (not music) and if thats the style of people and talent that are that big then really there just isnt much hope.
Yes there is. There are loads of excellent new rock bands about. Why do you listen to commercial radio? I don't think i've ever heard music by James Arthur, Matt Cardle or One Direction.

Get away from the music for the masses and explore.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 8th January 2017, 06:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yes there is. There are loads of excellent new rock bands about. Why do you listen to commercial radio? I don't think i've ever heard music by James Arthur, Matt Cardle or One Direction.

Get away from the music for the masses and explore.
Tbh i very rarely put radio on, either out, watching films, playing ps3 etc or on net, its the people im around or places i go into that have these stations on. Do you serious think i listen to stations that play that tut tut tut.. So guess thats why im missing out so much, what stations would you recommend?
Old 8th January 2017, 06:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Only time I listen to the radio is when I'm in my girlfriends car and she's listening to C(r)apital FM, and also me complaining about the shite music they play!
Best way I've found for discovering new bands/bands I've never listened to before is the rock and metal playlists on Spotify
gag and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th January 2017, 06:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Tbh i very rarely put radio on, either out, watching films, playing ps3 etc or on net, its the people im around or places i go into that have these stations on. Do you serious think i listen to stations that play that tut tut tut.. So guess thats why im missing out so much, what stations would you recommend?
I don't listen to music radio at all. Being a rock fan i have my sources and news sites etc.

I watch a lot of videos via Blabbermouth and then Youtube from labels like Nuclear Blast and Roadrunner. Then it just escalates and i forget what i intended to listen to / buy.

If you like classic rock bands then you could do a lot worse than checking out Rival Sons and Blackstone Cherry.

The good thing for me is that the bands i loved in the 80's and 90's are still making music that is often still relevant today.
Rik likes this.
Old 8th January 2017, 06:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I don't listen to music radio at all. Being a rock fan i have my sources and news sites etc.
Ok cheers, maybe someone can recommend me some, sure there bound to be some out there even if u can only stream on internet
Old 8th January 2017, 06:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

If you like classic rock bands then you could do a lot worse than checking out Rival Sons and Blackstone Cherry.

Agreed, a pair of excellent bands
gag and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

I recently dug out my Valley of Gwangi DVD for a watch, and thought this would be a great little flick to remake with state of the art special FX Ã* la Kong: Skull Island. Of course, the original Ray Harryhausen stop motion FX would always retain a special place in my heart though.
Old 23rd March 2017, 09:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just my opinion but I tend to find when they do a TV series of a film most get good or OK reviews ,
But when they do a film version of old tv series it tends to be awful.
Take film of chips its been turned into a comedy why ? It wasn't a comedy .
Odd remake here and there fine .
Take Death race 2050 I can't decide if I liked of or not ,yes it kinda stuck to original in many ways , CGI and special effects could of been a lot better , yes I'm also aware it meant to be a cheese fest film but a times I felt it was a tadge to cheesy and could have been a bit better made , it felt like in some ways a bit amateurish, i dont know why but one thing I can't be doing in films no matter what, Is women with stupid high pitched squeeky voices it irritates me. And Ott daft costumes eg someone wearing a hat that so big you could get 5 standing underneath if it where to rain .. Stupid I know but it niggles me and puts me of a bit. But overall it was a pretty decent(ish) remake

Some remake I don't understand others I do eg if the film is really old dated corny etc and could do with a updated version .. But to me certain films you just cannot remake IMO, suspiria and videodrome ,what videodrome going to e called now ?

I've tried new planet of the ape remakes not saying their rubbish but I just couldn't get Into them.
Not sure what I would like remade tho .
Old 29th March 2017, 12:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anyone here ever heard the 'remade' Hancock radio stuff?
It
isn't
great. Much in common with the TV version with Paul Merton, it just misses the point. Why they thought that it would be different??
The pennypinching BBC 'lost' some of his stuff as well ... so try and make up for that with this flimsy charade.

Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st April 2017, 01:29 PM
Cult Addict

fave remake - house on haunted hill
worst remake - ghost ship
most wanted - dick tracy

Like this? Share it using the links below!