Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2013, 07:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

poll needed?
Old 3rd September 2013, 07:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Most wanted. Have to agree on the keep.
I sound like a broken record cos I've mentioned it a few times here recently, but there's a whole other movie contained within The Keep novel. Michael Mann what were you thinking ?
Old 3rd September 2013, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I sound like a broken record cos I've mentioned it a few times here recently, but there's a whole other movie contained within The Keep novel. Michael Mann what were you thinking ?
Agree I should of said make it closer to the book which I love I read it once or twice a year.
Old 17th January 2014, 03:25 AM
digitopolis

Favourite: The Ring (2002), I saw it before the original Japanese version and I actually think they're both equally good for different reasons. I loved The Ring's atmosphere and found it scarier while Ringu was more intriguing with its mythos and culture (e.g. the sea seems to play a major role in its own way).

Worst: I can't remember which remakes I've seen but I didn't like The Uninvited (2009). I didn't hate it but it felt really PG-13. The music is really nice though, Christopher Young is a genius.

Most Wanted: I kinda wish the Suspiria remake went through if only because I have a morbid curiosity.
Old 17th January 2014, 03:53 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

A few favourites: The Fly (1986), The Thing (1982), Maniac (2012).

Worst: The Fog remake is probably one of the worst that I've seen, but there are many other very poorly executed (and seemingly pointless) remakes out there. I tend to avoid most remakes now though due to my general experience of how they are usually handled.

Most wanted: Difficult to say, but The Running Man springs immediately to mind. I'd love to see someone remake this more in line with the serious, more dark source material.
Old 17th January 2014, 07:44 AM
Active Cultist

The Let the Right One In remake was pretty good as was Finchers Dragon Tattoo. Hills Have Eyes I loved at the cinema but strangely I haven't watched it since. MBV was fun.

Bad - tough as I've actively avoided the majority of these. Halloween - saw that and hated all this psychological bullshit - Myers is evil behind a mask. End of story, the more you know the less scary he becomes. Ditto Friday the 13th.

Remake possibilities - I'm disappointed the proposed French Hellraiser didn't go through - it's looking a little dated and the sequels have stunk the joint out - a brutal remake about a libertine summoning demons he can't control could be good, as long as it didn't feature a bunch of MTV dweebs with six packs and fake tits.
Old 17th January 2014, 07:57 AM
Cult Addict

Dont Look Now directed by Uwe Boll.

DVD and BD collection
Old 17th January 2014, 09:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not sure really because there is loads of terrible remakes ..

Children of the corn definatly by far a awful remake
Havent liked any Japanese horror remake..
Old 3rd January 2017, 04:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Favourite: John Carpenter's The Thing

Worst: Day of the Dead (2008)

Most wanted: I think that the suggestion of The Keep was spot-on. I would love to see that.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 3rd January 2017, 04:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I don't class Day of the Dead as a remake, it bares little resemblance to Romero's film, still shite mind
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!