Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2013, 08:57 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default The Curse Of Chucky (2013)

The Curse Of Chucky

"Chucky’s back and better than ever" -
Brad Miska, Bloody-Disgusting.com

On DVD & Blu-Ray Monday 21st Oct. 2013

Terror returns in a deceptively tiny package when Curse of Chucky, the newest installment of the chilling Child’s Play franchise, comes exclusively to Blu-Ray™ and DVD on 21 October, 2013, from Universal Pictures (UK) and Universal 1440 Entertainment, a production entity of Universal Studios Home Entertainment.

Receiving its European Premiere at Film4 FrightFest at 21.00 on 22 August 2013, Curse of Chucky reunites franchise creators Don Mancini and David Kirschner as Chucky returns to horrify viewers in an all-new, unrated chapter of the blood-soaked suspense saga that James Oster of ArrowInTheHead.com gleefully calls “Delightfully deadly.”

“It has been a quarter of a century since fans were first petrified by Toyland’s most lethal serial killer in Child’s Play” said Glenn Ross, General Manager and Executive Vice President, Universal 1440 Entertainment. “Now, twenty-five years later, the deadly legacy continues as Chucky resumes his disturbing reign of terror, delivering more of the blood-curdling scares and bone-chilling twists that have cemented his place as one of the world’s most legendary horror film icons.”

Written and directed by Mancini, Curse of Chucky finds a family imperiled by the murderous doll that launched a generation’s nightmares – determined to finish a job that was started long ago. The film stars Fiona Dourif (The Master, “True Blood”), A Martinez (“Longmire,” “General Hospital”), Danielle Bisutti (Get Smart, “CSI: Miami”) and Brennan Elliott (“Flight 93,” Double Jeopardy), with Brad Dourif (The Lord of the Rings) once again providing the voice of Chucky, the homicidal plaything inhabited by the spirit of notorious serial killer Charles Lee Ray.

The Blu-ray™ and DVD each include UltraViolet™ for the ultimate, complete viewing experience

Blu-Ray™ disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring perfect hi-def picture and hi-def sound.

DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.

UltraViolet™ is a revolutionary new way for fans to collect their movies and TV shows in the cloud. UltraViolet™ lets consumers instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers and TVs, including iPad®, iPhone®, Android™ and more.

SPECIAL FEATURES

DVD:
- Vanilla

Blu-ray™:
- Deleted Scenes (6m 41s)

- Gag Reel (1m 27s)

- Playing with Dolls: The Making of Curse of Chucky: From scripting, to casting to shooting, this featurette proves that playing with dolls is definitely not child’s play! Follow the cast and crew of Curse of Chucky as they bring the newest and scariest chapter in the series to the screen. (15m 23s)

- Living Doll: Bringing Chucky to Life: Featuring the award-winning work of animatronics company Alterian, this featurette shows the pain-staking detail involved with bringing Chucky to life and the army of people behind the process. (8m 33s)

- Voodoo Doll: The Chucky Legacy: More than six films and a quarter of a century, Chucky, the possessed Good Guys doll, has been the playmate we love to hate. This featurette looks at why we’re still frightened by the red haired terror and recalls some favorite moments from the previous films. (7m 6s)

- Storyboard Comparisons (25m 2s)

- Feature Commentary with Director Don Mancini, Puppeteer Tony Gardner and Star Fiona Dourif

SYNOPSIS

Nica (Fiona Dourif) is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister Barb (Danielle Bisutti) arrives with her young family in tow to help settle their mother’s affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nica’s plans for the future, Barb’s young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail.

But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may hold the key to the bloodshed. What she doesn’t know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. He’s determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time he’s going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.

Visit the Official UK Facebook page for more!

SCM likes this.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 19th August 2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 19th August 2013, 10:15 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Hopefully it doesn't have any of that god awful humour from the previous film.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 19th August 2013, 10:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Will pick up at some point but way to much stuff already on preorder for October
SCM likes this.
Old 19th August 2013, 10:38 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
Hopefully it doesn't have any of that god awful humour from the previous film.
Fear not SCM, this film definitely goes back to the horror roots and is very similar in tone to the first. It's even a little bit gothic too!
SCM likes this.
Old 19th August 2013, 10:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I don't mind horrors that are bad cheesy and corny and full of awful jokes, if they started off that way, but if the film started of as a genuine horror then go down that route is when it annoys me . The first three are quite dated now but they where good for their time.
SCM likes this.
Old 24th October 2013, 01:26 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Default Curse Of Chucky (2013)

Hi everyone,

So who here has picked up a copy of Curse Of Chucky on DVD or Blu-ray yet? Here's a thread to discuss your thoughts on the film! How does it compare to the other Chucky movies? What do you think of the gore, the kills, the cameos, the gothic elements?

Share your thoughts below...

Old 24th October 2013, 01:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

i was pleasantly surprised wasn't expecting much but really enjoyed it, unlike the later films this is back to its horror roots, very dark and suspenseful, with some good kills/gore and a dark sense of humor. also its worth watching till the end of the credits.
Old 24th October 2013, 02:25 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
i was pleasantly surprised wasn't expecting much but really enjoyed it, unlike the later films this is back to its horror roots, very dark and suspenseful, with some good kills/gore and a dark sense of humor. also its worth watching till the end of the credits.
Yup I enjoyed this return back to darker Chucky - it was great watching it with an audience at FrightFest but am looking forward to playing it at home now it's getting dark, cold and rain-lashed out there!

Surprisingly gothic entry to the series - last random thought!
Old 24th October 2013, 05:01 PM
Active Cultist

It was ok,i liked it better than 2 or 3(I hate),but i do prefer funny chucky,seed of chucky is still my favorite one of the series.Seed is more of a trash movie than horror and thats a good thing as a little ginger doll is the least scary thing in the world.
Old 24th October 2013, 05:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bought it in HMV the other day.
Looking forward to it,as I'm a big Chuckster fan and the last installment was absolute bollocks!
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!