Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: What are your fave James Wan Movies?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
What are your fave James Wan Movies?

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2014, 11:11 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I thought Insidious was pretty decent, but agree with digitopolis about the split in the tone of the film. I haven't seen the sequel yet so can't comment on that one.

Saw was also decent, but tainted and lessened a little by the barrage of increasingly bad sequels. To date I've only seen II, III and V and have no desire to see the others.

Dead Silence was a pretty creepy film, but it did drag in certain areas. Okay horror entertainment fodder, though.

I thought The Conjuring was a bland and boring mess. Not scary in the slightest; jump scares and supernatural set-pieces does not a good film make. There was a complete lack of suspense or original storytelling. It's a film I certainly won't be revisiting.

I've never seen Death Sentence.
Old 18th January 2014, 01:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I thought Insidious was pretty decent, but agree with digitopolis about the split in the tone of the film. I haven't seen the sequel yet so can't comment on that one.

Saw was also decent, but tainted and lessened a little by the barrage of increasingly bad sequels. To date I've only seen II, III and V and have no desire to see the others.

Dead Silence was a pretty creepy film, but it did drag in certain areas. Okay horror entertainment fodder, though.

I've never seen Death Sentence.
Insidious was bland i thought. After all the hype on here i was expecting something special, but it was the same old music jump scares. Hollywood today doesn't know how to scare an audience.

Dead Silence is a film i've only watched once. I'll have to revisit it.

I rather like Death Sentence. As has been previously said its a Death Wish knock off but nasty enough to keep the attention.
Old 20th January 2014, 04:47 PM
Active Cultist

The Conjuring is a perfect old school horror film.The cinematography, sound mix, production design, spooky, spooky good time.Death Sentence is too little seen nasty throwback to 70's style vigilantism that I adore, deserves your attension, bloodhound.Sick and tired of everything Saw, they're making a new one soon, and I'm not gonna be watching it.You need to stop and make something original for once, guys, please.

Like this? Share it using the links below!