Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: What were your favourite horror films of 2013?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
What were your favourite horror films of 2013?

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th December 2013, 12:49 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Greatest Horror Movie Of 2013

Hi all,

With the year quickly coming to an end, it's time to take a look at the past 12 months and vote for the greatest horror film of 2013!

Which was yours? Vote for your faves above and let us know below. Obviously, the poll can't include every horror film released this year, but these are perhaps the biggest. But, if you have any others be sure to let us know...

Don't forget, Insidious: Chapter 2 comes to UK DVD and Blu-ray on the 6th January 2014. Pre-order this excellent horror today from Amazon.
Old 29th December 2013, 12:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

You're Next for me. A really smart and thrilling slasher/home invasion hybrid. I still haven't seen Maniac but am expecting that to be good.

Texas Chainsaw 3D was the worst film of the year regardless of genre. It made me want to take a chainsaw to my own balls. In 3D. While pissing on Tobe Hooper.
Old 29th December 2013, 04:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

For me maniac fantastic performance from Wood and in some ways this was superior to the original
Old 29th December 2013, 04:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Evil Dead, Hatchet III and Curse of Chucky...
Old 29th December 2013, 06:26 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I've only watched one single 2013 Horror film, namely the remake of Maniac.

Although not a patch on the 1980 original starring Joe Spinell and Caroline Munro, I still enjoyed the film quite a bit.
DaveH likes this.
Old 29th December 2013, 09:14 PM
Active Cultist

Got to be American Mary for me although I've not seen half the films on the list. As good as the re-makes might be in some cases I have to vote for originality.
Old 30th December 2013, 06:21 PM
Cult Master

Doing some research for this i really should be ashamed i have not seen many new horror films this year. I have Maniac on the shelf but my girlfriend wants me to wait and watch it with her. From the trailer alone im sure it will be on my list.

From the above list Lords of Salem and American Mary.

I know alot of people hated Lords of Salem but i loved it. The atmosphere the imagery the story everything thing to me was just right.

American Mary was the same i just loved it from the first time i watched it a great film i have watched many time since release.

When it come to Evil Dead i have only watched it once im still in two minds about it. I did enjoy it but best horror of the year not quite.
Old 30th December 2013, 06:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'll post my top five at the end of the week as i've still a couple of big hitters to watch.
Old 30th December 2013, 07:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default curse of maniac

Curse of Chucky and Maniac were the only two horror films this year that pricked my interest,everything else was abit MEH to me,although not watched all on the list,this year I pretty much gave up on modern horror films.
Old 30th December 2013, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

not seen many on that list not sure what fav horror or film is this year, not seen that many tbh but Maniac remake was top notch tho.

Like this? Share it using the links below!