Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Clown (2014) - Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/12834-clown-2014-official-announcement.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 24th February 2015 01:27 PM

Clown (2014) - Official Announcement

Hi everyone,

If you have a fear of clowns, turn back NOW. Tap backspace and make a run for it! The following is not for you.

If you don't have a fear of clowns.... you soon will have! Read on if you dare.

Clown

From master of terror ELI ROTH!

From producer and splatter-maestro Eli Roth (Hostel; Grindhouse) comes this nightmarish tale of a doting father who undergoes a gruesome, bloodthirsty transformation – leaving him a terrible desire for eating children…

Continuing in the tradition of films such as "It" and "House of 1000 Corpses", here’s further proof there’s nothing more terrifying than a killer clown.

Key talent:

PRODUCER
Eli Roth (Hostel; Grindhouse)

WRITER-DIRECTOR
Jon Watts (The Fuzz)

STARRING
Andy Powers (Oz; The Good Wife)
Peter Stormare (Fargo; Jurassic Park: The Lost World)
Laura Allen (Ravenswood; NCIS)
Elizabeth Whitmere (Supernatural; Being Erica)

Synopsis:

It’s Jack's 10th birthday, but the clown has cancelled. His dad, Kent, finds an old clown suit in the attic and saves the party. But after the party is over, Kent has a problem… the suit won't come off. What starts as a joke quickly turns into a hellish nightmare. Kent can feel himself changing, and his desperate attempts to free himself just leave him in agonising pain.

As the suit takes hold of his body, Kent slowly endures a brutal transformation. As he changes, an uncontrollable hunger begins to consume him, an overwhelming and insatiable hunger… for children.

You'll Love It Because...

It’s no surprise that “Clown” is such a bloodthirsty success. It went into production after Eli Roth saw a fake trailer for the yet-to-be-made movie and was so impressed he decided to produce the film himself.

The finished product is utterly shameless in its love of splatter and gore, and gets very inventive with its brutality (including a scene in a kids’ adventure playground, which is about as shocking as anything you’re likely to see in a horror movie).

Even diehard gore-hounds will be impressed, as “Clown” sets out to break taboos and churn stomachs all at once. Horrifying stuff indeed!

Hot Quotes:

“Gritty, Tense. Incredibly creepy addition to the genre from the Master of Horror” The Fan Carpet

"Gore-soaked monster madness" Dread Central

★★★★★ SCREAM: THE HORROR MAGAZINE

"A killer of a clown movie" Horror Channel

"The most terrifying clown since Pennywise" Box Office Buz

"Gutsy, gory horror... strictly no funny business" The Hollywood News

CLOWN arrives on DVD and Blu-ray Monday 2nd March. Click here to pre-order yours!

PaulD 24th February 2015 01:30 PM

ah! I remember seeing the trailer for this before it was actually made - the filmmakers had the audacity to include "from the Master of Horror - Eli Roth" or something similar in the fake trailer which caught his attention and lead to him actually being involved in making it into an actual film. Really looking forward to seeing this.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th February 2015 03:17 PM

It looks good Kyle. :nod:

The trailer doesn't run smoothly for me. It's like a large collection of stills. Is it just me or does everyone see it like that?

Gold6082 24th February 2015 05:03 PM

I pre ordered the 500 copy limited edition blu a few weeks back from zavvi. I have been looking forward to this very much for a very long time. I read one review that compared it to cronenbergs the fly which has excited me even more. All reviews seem to rave about it Roll on next week!

zane 24th February 2015 07:12 PM

It looks awesome!

....however, I will wait for an unlimited blu-ray release.

(What's the thing with blu-rays in the UK anyway? I notice that a lot of horror movies only come out on DVD, even more popular ones like Hatchet III.)

Nordicdusk 24th February 2015 10:02 PM

Looks pretty good. Who does not love a creepy clown.

wayfarer 5th March 2015 01:38 PM

I like the look of this one, too. It brings back memories of Pennywise (not the TV mini-series version but the imagery evoked from reading SK's book).

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th March 2015 05:16 PM

It's a purchase for me!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th March 2015 05:18 PM

Looks like I'll be waiting for an unlimited BD release as well!

£35 on Amazon!:laugh:

zane 6th March 2015 10:02 PM

You can get it a lot cheaper at zavvi:

Clown - Zavvi Exclusive (500 Copies Only) Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

I will still wait for an unlimited release.