Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2013, 04:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default The Human Centipede 3: Final Sequence (2013)

Eric roberts has just been cast. Dieter and Laurence are coming back and Tom Six is acting/directing. Did you like the first two? Was part 2 the sickest film of all time? Are you looking foward to Final Sequence? Discuss.
Old 2nd June 2013, 05:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Seen neither. Will get round to it no doubt but all the hype and mainstream press outrage makes me think I'm likely to be underwhelmed.
Old 2nd June 2013, 06:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
Seen neither. Will get round to it no doubt but all the hype and mainstream press outrage makes me think I'm likely to be underwhelmed.
Methinks you'd be right.

Human Centipede - One in which any seasoned horror fan would think 'eh?' concerning the controversy. It's fun in a daft, b-movie kind of way, but exceptionally tame and silly.

Human Centipede II - I've seen the uncut version and personally found it both odious and actually rather boring to boot. Yes this time Six shows everything left to the imagination in the first installment, but loses the fun and b-movie sensibility, filling it to the brim with hideous characters and a real nastiness that left a very unpleasant taste, a bit like the sub-rosa films. I normally like nasty, but HCII just left me depressed.

As for HCIII - I personally couldn't care less.
Zann likes this.
Old 2nd June 2013, 07:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Methinks you'd be right.

Human Centipede - One in which any seasoned horror fan would think 'eh?' concerning the controversy. It's fun in a daft, b-movie kind of way, but exceptionally tame and silly.

Human Centipede II - I've seen the uncut version and personally found it both odious and actually rather boring to boot. Yes this time Six shows everything left to the imagination in the first installment, but loses the fun and b-movie sensibility, filling it to the brim with hideous characters and a real nastiness that left a very unpleasant taste, a bit like the sub-rosa films. I normally like nasty, but HCII just left me depressed.

As for HCIII - I personally couldn't care less.
Cheers for the overview, perhaps I'll catch HCII at somepoint to see what the fuss was all about.
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

They're... ok. First one is a bit of fun but the kind of movies you would never watch twice.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

2nd one isn't but first one is, don't know what fuss is about in first one think because of what the films about, stitching people together second one I kinda can't see what the fuss is about. Isn't exactly a entertaining film in its uncut glory.
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
2nd one isn't but first one is, don't know what fuss is about in first one think because of what the films about, stitching people together second one I kinda can't see what the fuss is about. Isn't exactly a entertaining film in its uncut glory.
Exactly. As I say, I like nasty films as a rule, but HCII is unpleasent in a way I found the August Undergrounds to be (only with slightly better production values). It's also terribly directed.

HC has been elevated way beyond what it deserves, due to its central IDEA. And that's all it is! Not once does it deliver a money shot of any kind. It's just a traditional mad doctor flick, with Dieter Laser hamming it up in the lead role. Complete b-movie fluff and, while diverting fun, a so so film at best.

Reminds me of the video nasty days where films became notorious through word of mouth, when half of them wern't bad at all. HC is even tamer than some of those milder nasties!
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:54 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Only recently watched the first one and i really didnt like it at all. Still not seen part two so i wont be rushing to see this.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:46 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I enjoyed them both equally, each one is different. The First one is a brilliant piece of modern horror and the second borders on being a meta-horror. Both Dieter Laser and Laurence R Harvey are brilliant as the villains in each film and I can't wait to see how they are together.
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

meta-bollocks maybe.
platostotal likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!