Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2016, 01:04 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Official Announcement Deathgasm - Announcement

Metalheads, united we stand!

Turn up the Marshall amps all the way to 11 and blast the most metal riff in celebration of the simply AWESOME new Heavy Metal Horror Movie. A personal fave of mine!

Deathgasm

"Headbangingly and skull shatteringly awesome" - The Hollywood News

A hilarious and outrageous blood soaked adventure, Deathgasm is a perfect crossover for horror film and heavy metal music fans. Featuring an amazing original soundtrack of fist-banging metal and practical effects by Main Reactor (Evil Dead remake), this brutal and bad-ass debut from Jason Lei Howden will gush bodily fluids, rain limbs and tickle your funny bone, before tearing it out and giving you a stiff beating with it!

Key talent:

Jason Lei Howden (Director)
Milo Cawthorne (Blood Punch, Ash Vs Evil Dead)
Kimberley Crossman (Power Rangers Samurai)
Delaney Tabron (Spartacus: War of the Damned)
Stephen Ure (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers / Return of the King, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / The Desolation of Smaug)

Synopsis:

Metal-thrashing Brodie is an outcast in a sea of jocks and cheerleaders until he meets a kindred spirit in fellow metalhead Zakk. After starting their own band, Brodie and Zakk’s resentment of the suburban wasteland leads them to a mysterious piece of sheet music said to grant Ultimate Power to whoever plays it. But the music also summons an ancient evil entity known as Aeloth The Blind One, who threatens to tear apart existence itself. With their classmates and family possessed by demonic forces and becoming psychotic murderers, it’s up to Brodie, Zakk and their friends to stop a force of pure evil from devouring all of mankind!

You'll LOVE it because:

Deathgasm
is a true labour of love and its originality and amazing sense of fun shine through. Unashamedly low-brow, this splat-stick horror comedy is consistently hilarious packed with old-school B-movie gore. Winner of the Total Film Best Gore award at this year’s Film4 FrightFest and with loads of fantastic buzz surrounding it, it is easy to see why audiences are raving about this cult classic in the making.

Hot Quotes:

“With a modest budget and a script this ambitious, it’s been hard as hell. We’ve had to beg, steal, borrow and prostitute our way to completing it. But I have zero regrets and would do it again in a heartbeat. Metal and horror helped me through some dark times in my life, and I wanted to give back to people who might be going through similar dark times.” - Director, Jason Lei Howden

"A laugh-out-loud banquet of blood" - Martyn Conterio, CineVue

"Deathgasm is a consistently hilarious, insanely gory, power chord blast of fun" - Dread Central

"This rock'n'roll slasher will redefine your idea of gore" Sam Ashurst, Dazed

"A cult classic in the making" - Luke Ryan Baldock, The Hollywood News

"Headbangingly and skull shatteringly awesome, enjoyable, and totally bad ass."
- Luke Ryan Baldock, The Hollywood News

"Ferocious, inventive and oh so very gory." - Joel Harley, Starburst Magazine

"A brutal, side-splitting slice of midnight movie mayhem" - SCREAM: THE HORROR MAGAZINE

"A hilarious, high energy, blood-splattered good time!" - Adam Ruhl, Pop Culture Beast

"The party movie of the year" Bloody-Disgusting

DEATHGASM arrives on Blu-ray and DVD from 29th February 2016. Treat yourself to the exclusive steelbook from Zavvi!
Old 9th February 2016, 01:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Already got this on pre-order, looks like a load of fun
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th February 2016, 01:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I don't know it at all but i agree it looks a lot of fun.
Old 9th February 2016, 01:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The blu-ray is exclusive to Zavvi and is not a steelbook as listed on the link. The general release is dvd only like much of the genre movies in the UK nowadays. It is the fourth release by Studio Canal in their Zavvi limited red case horror blu-ray exclusives of 500 units which also includes Clown, The Asylum and We Are Still Here.

It is a great movie well worth picking up as saw it twice on the big screen.
Old 9th February 2016, 02:05 PM
Cult Master

Can't wait for this I pre ordered a few weeks back.
Old 23rd June 2016, 01:26 PM
Cult Rookie

I know a few people who really didn't like it. But it's just a fun film. I loved it and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys movies like Evil Dead, Demons, Demon Wind, or anything like that. It's essentially a rich man's version of Trick or Treat which is a slightly richer version of Black Roses (which deserves a remake IMO).

It's the best of heavy metal horror (can't believe that's a subgenre).
Old 23rd June 2016, 01:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I really liked this. One helluva a good time. Very funny and very gory.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 2nd August 2016, 08:05 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Deathgasm UK blu-ray - Not Zavvi release! what label?

Hi, can you help?
I saw Deathgasm on blu-ray in a shop, the sleeve was the red & black one, but with no text at all except the word Deathgasm. The reverse if the sleeve was unprinted, white. A person in the shop showed me the disc. If I remember rightly the label was called Metal or Metal Media or similar, for Australasia and Canada. As it was for sale in UK, I suppose it must be a region-free disc.
Do any of you know any more about this release? I could find no info at all on line about it so far. Thanks!
Old 2nd August 2016, 08:17 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souril View Post
Hi, can you help?
I saw Deathgasm on blu-ray in a shop, the sleeve was the red & black one, but with no text at all except the word Deathgasm. The reverse if the sleeve was unprinted, white. A person in the shop showed me the disc. If I remember rightly the label was called Metal or Metal Media or similar, for Australasia and Canada. As it was for sale in UK, I suppose it must be a region-free disc.
Do any of you know any more about this release? I could find no info at all on line about it so far. Thanks!
I saw 2 like that in CEX yesterday, I'm curious too.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd August 2016, 09:08 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Was it these two, guys?

I believe the red & black one is simply a Zavvi exclusive, which has some different artwork
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deathgasm_DVD_RET_3D.jpg (103.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Deathgasm_BD_RET_3D.JPG.jpg (20.3 KB, 1 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!