Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Deathgasm - Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/13271-deathgasm-announcement.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th February 2016 12:04 PM

Deathgasm - Announcement

Metalheads, united we stand!

Turn up the Marshall amps all the way to 11 and blast the most metal riff in celebration of the simply AWESOME new Heavy Metal Horror Movie. A personal fave of mine!

Deathgasm

"Headbangingly and skull shatteringly awesome" - The Hollywood News

A hilarious and outrageous blood soaked adventure, Deathgasm is a perfect crossover for horror film and heavy metal music fans. Featuring an amazing original soundtrack of fist-banging metal and practical effects by Main Reactor (Evil Dead remake), this brutal and bad-ass debut from Jason Lei Howden will gush bodily fluids, rain limbs and tickle your funny bone, before tearing it out and giving you a stiff beating with it!

Key talent:

Jason Lei Howden (Director)
Milo Cawthorne (Blood Punch, Ash Vs Evil Dead)
Kimberley Crossman (Power Rangers Samurai)
Delaney Tabron (Spartacus: War of the Damned)
Stephen Ure (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers / Return of the King, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / The Desolation of Smaug)

Synopsis:

Metal-thrashing Brodie is an outcast in a sea of jocks and cheerleaders until he meets a kindred spirit in fellow metalhead Zakk. After starting their own band, Brodie and Zakk’s resentment of the suburban wasteland leads them to a mysterious piece of sheet music said to grant Ultimate Power to whoever plays it. But the music also summons an ancient evil entity known as Aeloth The Blind One, who threatens to tear apart existence itself. With their classmates and family possessed by demonic forces and becoming psychotic murderers, it’s up to Brodie, Zakk and their friends to stop a force of pure evil from devouring all of mankind!

You'll LOVE it because:

Deathgasm
is a true labour of love and its originality and amazing sense of fun shine through. Unashamedly low-brow, this splat-stick horror comedy is consistently hilarious packed with old-school B-movie gore. Winner of the Total Film Best Gore award at this year’s Film4 FrightFest and with loads of fantastic buzz surrounding it, it is easy to see why audiences are raving about this cult classic in the making.

Hot Quotes:

“With a modest budget and a script this ambitious, it’s been hard as hell. We’ve had to beg, steal, borrow and prostitute our way to completing it. But I have zero regrets and would do it again in a heartbeat. Metal and horror helped me through some dark times in my life, and I wanted to give back to people who might be going through similar dark times.” - Director, Jason Lei Howden

"A laugh-out-loud banquet of blood" - Martyn Conterio, CineVue

"Deathgasm is a consistently hilarious, insanely gory, power chord blast of fun" - Dread Central

"This rock'n'roll slasher will redefine your idea of gore" Sam Ashurst, Dazed

"A cult classic in the making" - Luke Ryan Baldock, The Hollywood News

"Headbangingly and skull shatteringly awesome, enjoyable, and totally bad ass."
- Luke Ryan Baldock, The Hollywood News

"Ferocious, inventive and oh so very gory." - Joel Harley, Starburst Magazine

"A brutal, side-splitting slice of midnight movie mayhem" - SCREAM: THE HORROR MAGAZINE

"A hilarious, high energy, blood-splattered good time!" - Adam Ruhl, Pop Culture Beast

"The party movie of the year" Bloody-Disgusting

DEATHGASM arrives on Blu-ray and DVD from 29th February 2016. Treat yourself to the exclusive steelbook from Zavvi!
:rockon: :bananarock: :rockon:

Rik 9th February 2016 12:10 PM

Already got this on pre-order, looks like a load of fun :bananarock:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th February 2016 12:16 PM

I don't know it at all but i agree it looks a lot of fun. :nod:

monkeypedro 9th February 2016 12:31 PM

The blu-ray is exclusive to Zavvi and is not a steelbook as listed on the link. The general release is dvd only like much of the genre movies in the UK nowadays. It is the fourth release by Studio Canal in their Zavvi limited red case horror blu-ray exclusives of 500 units which also includes Clown, The Asylum and We Are Still Here.

It is a great movie well worth picking up as saw it twice on the big screen.

Nordicdusk 9th February 2016 01:05 PM

Can't wait for this I pre ordered a few weeks back.

Zach Zeman 23rd June 2016 01:26 PM

I know a few people who really didn't like it. But it's just a fun film. I loved it and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys movies like Evil Dead, Demons, Demon Wind, or anything like that. It's essentially a rich man's version of Trick or Treat which is a slightly richer version of Black Roses (which deserves a remake IMO).

It's the best of heavy metal horror (can't believe that's a subgenre).

Cinematic Shocks 23rd June 2016 01:56 PM

I really liked this. One helluva a good time. Very funny and very gory.

Souril 2nd August 2016 08:05 AM

Deathgasm UK blu-ray - Not Zavvi release! what label?

Hi, can you help?
I saw Deathgasm on blu-ray in a shop, the sleeve was the red & black one, but with no text at all except the word Deathgasm. The reverse if the sleeve was unprinted, white. A person in the shop showed me the disc. If I remember rightly the label was called Metal or Metal Media or similar, for Australasia and Canada. As it was for sale in UK, I suppose it must be a region-free disc.
Do any of you know any more about this release? I could find no info at all on line about it so far. Thanks!

Justin101 2nd August 2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souril (Post 499759)
Hi, can you help?
I saw Deathgasm on blu-ray in a shop, the sleeve was the red & black one, but with no text at all except the word Deathgasm. The reverse if the sleeve was unprinted, white. A person in the shop showed me the disc. If I remember rightly the label was called Metal or Metal Media or similar, for Australasia and Canada. As it was for sale in UK, I suppose it must be a region-free disc.
Do any of you know any more about this release? I could find no info at all on line about it so far. Thanks!

I saw 2 like that in CEX yesterday, I'm curious too.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 2nd August 2016 09:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Was it these two, guys?

I believe the red & black one is simply a Zavvi exclusive, which has some different artwork :nod:

Justin101 2nd August 2016 09:11 AM

It wasn't no, it's the black cover, but with literally nothing on it at all apart from the artwork and the film logo on the front, nothing on the spine, nothing on the back.

No quotes, no certs no company logos.

The ones I saw had 18 cert stickers stuck onto the back of the box.

Souril 2nd August 2016 10:54 AM

No, it was the red + black design with no text apart from the film title. The BBFC certificates were stuck on by the shop, they were not part of the artwork.
The disc, I think, had a sort of mock fantasy art painting of a guy with long hair on it.