Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2019, 01:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

14 films in a top 10. Says it all really. The remake is a bit of this and a bit of that. Ultimately unsatisifying to my mind.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th August 2019, 09:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I finally got around to watching this last night, and it was only the run time that delayed it, because frankly finding 153 minutes to watch a film can be difficult.

I liked it, I decided that when I watched it I would not think about the original while I did, and apart from the names and a couple of plot beats it’s not trying to be a traditional ‘remake’ at all.

Those who gave up part way in must have gone in with ‘go on impress me’ mindset and it’s not that kind of film at all. It’s slow and meandering and if you go along with it it’s like an incantation that we’re all involved in. All of which builds up to a climax that I’m afraid ruined it a bit for me, I saw what they were trying to achieve but the reliance on CGI blood was distracting and ultimately disappointing.

Contrary to opinions above I loved the slow build, the acting, the dancing, the cinematography and the soundtrack!

It’s not perfect, it’s not as good as Argento’s but it’s not shit either! Worth a watch.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th August 2019, 12:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Haven't got round to watching it yet , but I will.
Sometimes you've got to films a chance and see them as a stand alone film before comparing to original otherwise if only comparing to original some film don't stand a chance , if seeing as a stand alone film some are way better than people give credit .
But sometimes can't help comparing we all do to some degree.

Like this? Share it using the links below!