Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Suspiria (2018) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/13594-suspiria-2018-a.html)

mr 420 18th May 2017 09:26 PM

Suspiria (2018)
 
What's the thoughts on this anticipated remake? Are they setting themselves up for a fall or will they manage to produce something fresh and original?

It does have a strong line-up with Dakota Johnson, Chloe Grace Moritz, Tilda Swindon and even Jessica Harper making an appearance. Thom Yorke has done the score, which should be interesting to hear and I do hope that there is a nod to Goblin in there.

I'm going to give it a chance as it can't be any worse than Dario's own output over the past few years. :nod:

trebor8273 18th May 2017 09:28 PM

I'm not expecting much but as you say it can't be worse than his own movies of late.

mr 420 18th May 2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 534286)
I'm not expecting much but as you say it can't be worse than his own movies of late.

I wonder if they will in some way try to replicate the colour scheme of the original?

trebor8273 18th May 2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 534287)
I wonder if they will in some way try to replicate the colour scheme of the original?

I think they will, it was a very important part of the style of the original

mr 420 18th May 2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 534288)
I think they will, it was a very important part of the style of the original

Very true, Trebs. :nod: I would love to see it in 3D, only if was done really well though. I don't think that there's been a really good 3D horror film in the recent past, has there?

Make Them Die Slowly 18th May 2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 534287)
I wonder if they will in some way try to replicate the colour scheme of the original?

I hope they reference it but don't copy it.

Remakes are re tricky at the best of times but as the original is so visual, it would make sense to use some of its colour.

mr 420 18th May 2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 534290)
I hope they reference it but don't copy it.

Remakes are re tricky at the best of times but as the original is so visual, it would make sense to use some of its colour.

I really hope that it's not going to be like one of those Christmas mornings as a kid, where you're hoping for something great and all you get is tat. :nono:

Make Them Die Slowly 18th May 2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 534291)
I really hope that it's not going to be like one of those Christmas mornings as a kid, where you're hoping for something great and all you get is tat. :nono:

Haha!

Demoncrat 18th May 2017 10:06 PM

I will watch the trailer
Then laugh my arse off
And that will be that.
It shall join the Cage Wicker Man as a film I will never watch. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th May 2017 10:07 PM

Three words.

**** AND OFF!


Original IS best.One and only. :hail:


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.