Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Grotesque (2009) vs Serbian Movie (2010) Archive Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/1437-grotesque-2009-vs-serbian-movie-2010-archive-thread.html)

nekromantik 22nd March 2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex s (Post 68382)
Having recently caught up with asain gore films, can anyone recommend me some titles that i may have missed out on like Grotesque, Meat Grinder, Invitation Only, I am familiar with most of the recent jap splat.:confused:

If ya wanna see a bit more "light hearted" jap gore then check out Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police. Both very bloody and violent but its more comic gore and not serious movies at all.

vincenzo 22nd March 2010 12:35 PM

Great fun films they are too. Tokyo Gore Police was the bloodiest but both films are daft & enjoyable entertainment.

Gojirosan 22nd March 2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 68676)
If ya wanna see a bit more "light hearted" jap gore then check out Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police. Both very bloody and violent but its more comic gore and not serious movies at all.

I think I need to check these out. The trailers look gloriously mental!

Daemonia 22nd March 2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex s (Post 68382)
Having recently caught up with asain gore films, can anyone recommend me some titles that i may have missed out on like Grotesque, Meat Grinder, Invitation Only, I am familiar with most of the recent jap splat.:confused:

Try and get hold of Naked Blood. The basic premise is that a child prodigy creates a pain killer that does far more than numb the pain, it turns pain into pleasure. There's an auto-cannibalism scene which is truly horrific and you'll never want battered fish again! Although extreme in its depictions of self-mutilation, the film has an almost arthouse feel to it and the ending is surprisingly bleak and apocalyptic. Recommended if you have the stomach for it - one of the better Jap splat flicks IMO, this at least has a philosophy of sorts. I've no idea how this would fare at the BBFC though - the murder-whilst-copulating scene would probably push it over the bounds of current BBFC acceptability.

nekromantik 22nd March 2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 68678)
Great fun films they are too. Tokyo Gore Police was the bloodiest but both films are daft & enjoyable entertainment.

Yeah plus the whole penis gun was like WTF! :eek:

alex s 22nd March 2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 68688)
Try and get hold of Naked Blood. The basic premise is that a child prodigy creates a pain killer that does far more than numb the pain, it turns pain into pleasure. There's an auto-cannibalism scene which is truly horrific and you'll never want battered fish again! Although extreme in its depictions of self-mutilation, the film has an almost arthouse feel to it and the ending is surprisingly bleak and apocalyptic. Recommended if you have the stomach for it - one of the better Jap splat flicks IMO, this at least has a philosophy of sorts. I've no idea how this would fare at the BBFC though - the murder-whilst-copulating scene would probably push it over the bounds of current BBFC acceptability.

preferred Organ to Naked Blood, but liked the All night Long series (there are 6 of them) the best

but for some intense extreme horror you should check out films by

Daisuke Yamanouchi
or
Tamakichi Anaru

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd March 2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex s (Post 68732)
preferred Organ to Naked Blood, but liked the All night Long series (there are 6 of them) the best

but for some intense extreme horror you should check out films by

Daisuke Yamanouchi
or
Tamakichi Anaru

Unearthed Films have a great series of Daisuke Yamanouchi titles lined up. :cool:

alex s 22nd March 2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 68738)
Unearthed Films have a great series of Daisuke Yamanouchi titles lined up. :cool:

Yeah i know there is talk that because they were shot on video that unearthed will release them unpixilated, will have to wait and see

alex s 22nd March 2010 06:08 PM

got this to watch tonight

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a...heiki_mb06.jpg

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd March 2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex s (Post 68739)
Yeah i know there is talk that because they were shot on video that unearthed will release them unpixilated, will have to wait and see

That would be great if they did! :happy:

Also Re: Grotesque getting banned in the UK; if anyone is searching for this uncut on R2, AWE have just released it.