Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Grotesque (2009) vs Serbian Movie (2010) Archive Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/1437-grotesque-2009-vs-serbian-movie-2010-archive-thread.html)

stefanmetal 1st November 2010 07:13 PM

I strongly doubt that it will be released uncut, as i watched it last year. It isn't actually a good film, all it is is just a man and a woman being tortured for around 70 mins.

DJBenz 1st November 2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanmetal (Post 110690)
I strongly doubt that it will be released uncut, as i watched it last year.

See previous post - cut by 4m 12s for UK release

Daemonia 2nd November 2010 01:05 AM

I think Stefanmetal may be referring to Grotesque, which wasn't cut here in the UK - no, even worse, it was banned outright!

DJBenz 2nd November 2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 110735)
I think Stefanmetal may be referring to Grotesque, which wasn't cut here in the UK - no, even worse, it was banned outright!

My bad. I think we posted at roughly the same time. :lol:

ukdracula 14th November 2010 12:16 AM

As much as I love more than my fair share of the red stuff, I thought 'Grotesque' was boring. It reminded me too much of 'Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood.' Which for some reason I did like. Yet had just as little story to it.
I do want to see 'Serbian Movie' yet keep hearing conflicting reviews. I guess it's going to be one of those films you either love or hate.

shawnduhast 18th November 2010 07:08 PM

I too thought Grotesque was boring, it just did not involve you in the characters at all and was not that well filmed. A Serbian Film is the exact opposite in every way, really well filmed,very gripping and you really feel for the characters. If you are not sure listen to our interview with Stuart Brennan Actor, Director, Producer and Festival Director of The British Horror Film Festival who were due to show it...

see link in my signature:nod:

Sam@Cult Labs 18th November 2010 07:12 PM

Grotesque was closer to the Guinea Pig film Flowers of Flesh and Blood than a real narrative based movie. An extremely basic set up and running time consisting almost entirely of gross torture footage.

A Serbian Film has characters with motives, decent camera work and has a little more depth.

James Morton 1st July 2011 08:56 PM

Grotesque (2009) vs Serbian Movie (2010) Archive Thread

I have the all region uncut dvd of GROTESQUE and like everyone is saying yes its a 'guinea pig' film and at around 73 mins its running time is perfect
After all the 'Guinea Pig' collection - each are on for about 50 mins or so
But for shock treatment and controversy, even though GROTESQUE was banned, A SERBIAN FILM wins (I have the uncut and anamorphic dvd-r with no intrusive)
Shocking, controversial, and a very good horror with some social commentary

Jani 2nd July 2011 01:32 PM

Watched Grotesque some time ago and didn't get much out of it.Sure the chainsaw footage was quite disturbing,but it all felt like a cheapo video production which lessened the impact,and storywise,there is no story.A Serbian Film,however,kicks some nuts.Finally someone has the balls to do this.It's the new dawn of exploitation folks.All hails to this bastard.

andgomorra 22nd June 2012 03:14 AM

How does grotesque compare to a Serbian film? It doesn't in any way. It's nowhere near as disturbing and depraved. It's a gore fest and that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk