Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2010, 08:13 PM
Active Cultist

I strongly doubt that it will be released uncut, as i watched it last year. It isn't actually a good film, all it is is just a man and a woman being tortured for around 70 mins.
Old 1st November 2010, 08:15 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
I strongly doubt that it will be released uncut, as i watched it last year.
See previous post - cut by 4m 12s for UK release
Old 2nd November 2010, 02:05 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I think Stefanmetal may be referring to Grotesque, which wasn't cut here in the UK - no, even worse, it was banned outright!
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:08 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I think Stefanmetal may be referring to Grotesque, which wasn't cut here in the UK - no, even worse, it was banned outright!

My bad. I think we posted at roughly the same time.
Old 14th November 2010, 01:16 AM
Cult Rookie

As much as I love more than my fair share of the red stuff, I thought 'Grotesque' was boring. It reminded me too much of 'Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood.' Which for some reason I did like. Yet had just as little story to it.
I do want to see 'Serbian Movie' yet keep hearing conflicting reviews. I guess it's going to be one of those films you either love or hate.
Old 18th November 2010, 08:08 PM
Cultist

I too thought Grotesque was boring, it just did not involve you in the characters at all and was not that well filmed. A Serbian Film is the exact opposite in every way, really well filmed,very gripping and you really feel for the characters. If you are not sure listen to our interview with Stuart Brennan Actor, Director, Producer and Festival Director of The British Horror Film Festival who were due to show it...

see link in my signature

thexperiment podcasts
Old 18th November 2010, 08:12 PM
Blogs Moderator

Grotesque was closer to the Guinea Pig film Flowers of Flesh and Blood than a real narrative based movie. An extremely basic set up and running time consisting almost entirely of gross torture footage.

A Serbian Film has characters with motives, decent camera work and has a little more depth.
Old 1st July 2011, 08:56 PM
Ex-member

Default Grotesque (2009) vs Serbian Movie (2010) Archive Thread

I have the all region uncut dvd of GROTESQUE and like everyone is saying yes its a 'guinea pig' film and at around 73 mins its running time is perfect
After all the 'Guinea Pig' collection - each are on for about 50 mins or so
But for shock treatment and controversy, even though GROTESQUE was banned, A SERBIAN FILM wins (I have the uncut and anamorphic dvd-r with no intrusive)
Shocking, controversial, and a very good horror with some social commentary
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:32 PM
Active Cultist

Watched Grotesque some time ago and didn't get much out of it.Sure the chainsaw footage was quite disturbing,but it all felt like a cheapo video production which lessened the impact,and storywise,there is no story.A Serbian Film,however,kicks some nuts.Finally someone has the balls to do this.It's the new dawn of exploitation folks.All hails to this bastard.
Steel76 and shawnduhast like this.
Old 22nd June 2012, 03:14 AM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to andgomorra Send a message via Yahoo to andgomorra Send a message via Skype™ to andgomorra

How does grotesque compare to a Serbian film? It doesn't in any way. It's nowhere near as disturbing and depraved. It's a gore fest and that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!