Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th August 2010, 12:25 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'll give it a watch as 17 cuts totalling 21 sec's well edited shouldn't ruin the movie that much. Probably scenes of nudity during the rapes.
A lot less than the MPAA demanded for this film.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I'll give it a watch as 17 cuts totalling 21 sec's well edited shouldn't ruin the movie that much. Probably scenes of nudity during the rapes.
A lot less than the MPAA demanded for this film.
if it just is nudity cuts then yeah wont ruin it but I like to see full uncut films.
Thats why I missed Mirrors in the cinema as it was edited for a 15.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 26th August 2010, 12:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I agree, uncuts the best way to watch a film , and I try to keep the film's in my collection uncut as much as possible, but I recon 21 seconds spread out over 17 cuts shouldn't damage the film to much so i'd be up for buying it as long as it was a good film and true to the original.
I hope its better than the Last House Remake. I eventually got round to watching this on BD last week and thought it was terrible . I dont think i'll bother watching the cinema version thats also included on the disc.
Old 26th August 2010, 01:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I agree, uncuts the best way to watch a film , and I try to keep the film's in my collection uncut as much as possible, but I recon 21 seconds spread out over 17 cuts shouldn't damage the film to much so i'd be up for buying it as long as it was a good film and true to the original.
I hope its better than the Last House Remake. I eventually got round to watching this on BD last week and thought it was terrible . I dont think i'll bother watching the cinema version thats also included on the disc.
I liked Last House remake.

Only cut dvd I own is the original UK last house AB UK disk cause of the extras.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 26th August 2010, 02:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

At least 90 % of the cut discs I own I also own an uncut import version. Most of my cut discs are from my VIPCO collection or my Beyond Terror disc's i've for some reason started collecting .(why i dont know)
Some like Cannibal Apocalyspe with only 1 or 2 seconds of cuts aren't really worth going though the hassle of importing and getting again uncut though for me (unless theres added worthwhile extras) so I just stick with the cut versions in cases like that .

I got that ABUK Last House set as well Nekro for the extras as well, but I also have an uncut single disc release. The AB release has some cool extras for sure.

I'll definitely get both versions of ISOYG when they get released but only on BluRay. I know there is 2m 54s cut from the Original ISOYG , but the extras appeal to me.
Old 26th August 2010, 03:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nekro buy the Metrodome SE, it's uncut and contains all the extras from the AB edition (plus some new stuff).

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 26th August 2010, 04:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
At least 90 % of the cut discs I own I also own an uncut import version. Most of my cut discs are from my VIPCO collection or my Beyond Terror disc's i've for some reason started collecting .(why i dont know)
Some like Cannibal Apocalyspe with only 1 or 2 seconds of cuts aren't really worth going though the hassle of importing and getting again uncut though for me (unless theres added worthwhile extras) so I just stick with the cut versions in cases like that .

I got that ABUK Last House set as well Nekro for the extras as well, but I also have an uncut single disc release. The AB release has some cool extras for sure.

I'll definitely get both versions of ISOYG when they get released but only on BluRay. I know there is 2m 54s cut from the Original ISOYG , but the extras appeal to me.
For those of us who cant to double dip getting both uncut and cut aint a option sadly so I go for uncut if its same price or less or I wait to find a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Nekro buy the Metrodome SE, it's uncut and contains all the extras from the AB edition (plus some new stuff).
I own the 3 disc version too found it for like £5 so snapped it up last year.
LHOTL is only cut movie I double dipped on so not something I will do often.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 26th August 2010, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I own half 50 / 50

cut and uncut films .....some cut films are what im not to concerned about or i picked up the film for £2 £3 ....try buy uncut but doesnt always work that way, but i would nvr pay over £3 £4 for a film thats badly cut a mere sec r 2 no big deal to me its when its cut a lot or whole scenes missing etc
Old 26th August 2010, 05:53 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Metrodome also released it as a single disc for 4 quid in HMV.
Old 26th August 2010, 07:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Metrodome also released it as a single disc for 4 quid in HMV.
they only released the 3 disc version at first but I paid £5 so was all good

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!