Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2010, 10:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I like Cabin Fever. It was a pretty good debut for a young enthusiastic Director. I like Eli Roth too. Hostel 1 and 2 showed promise and I realy believe that Roth is capable of Directing a decent classic horror like John Carpenter did when he was young. The thing is that a lot has already been done and recycled. To come up with an innovative spin is incredibly difficult now.
Old 30th August 2010, 09:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
So do you think people are going to see this or avoid this just because who directed it?
I'm digging the Director; I think Stamm is cool; in the latest on 'Last Exorcism' I found a vid interview with him on FEARnetcom (can't post links yet, sorry) See if it changes your mind...a little. I can't see it till tomorrow and I'm SO excited!!

Old 31st August 2010, 12:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I had a chance to see this film during our Fantasy Film Fest here a week ago and I can only highly recommend the film - IF you are not allergic to faux-documetaries and exorcist movies in general - otherwise, this film could be to your taste, like it was for me. It is carried by a good story, despite the pretty normal plotline interwoven with it - the handcamera style is used excellently and even manages to deliver some tight suspense at times and the main actors are excellent, high performances by both leading roles (the preacher and the girl).

For me it was the second best film of the 15 I saw that week, top film was the extremely un-pc comedy Four Lions.
Old 31st August 2010, 05:25 PM
Cult Rookie

SWEET! Faux documentaries!! THX. I'll have my thoughts together after the screening tonight!
Old 31st August 2010, 07:06 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Hope you enjoy the film Bella!

I watched it last night and thought it was a great film with some very freaky moments in and some geniuenly (intentionaly) funny sections too. Though most people found the ending (which I wont spoil) to be too over-the-top, and I'd have to agree, I thought it wrapped it all up nicely and avoided the cliched ending associated with exorcism films.
Old 31st August 2010, 07:29 PM
Cult Rookie

going tonight!! THX. I'll hit this back tomorrow
Old 2nd September 2010, 05:40 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

If the film's half as good as its viral campaign on chatroulette then it'll be a winner. Watching all those teenage boys (metaphorically) poop themselves on cam is brilliant!
Old 2nd September 2010, 05:45 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
If the film's half as good as its viral campaign on chatroulette then it'll be a winner. Watching all those teenage boys (metaphorically) poop themselves on cam is brilliant!
BEST MARKETING EVER. I LOVED THAT TOO!

Ok, here is my quick i'm at work review:

Everyone is talking about a lackluster ending; I'm totally ok with the ending its the first 20 minutes they should have schlepped off which then I guess they could add a bunch of other cool stuff to the ending however sufficient I thought it was. This seems to be the style of the Exorcist movies...A LOT of nothing with some horror bang here and there. Overall, I shrieked out loud quite a few times; I loved the story for sure and above everything else I found the acting to be superb which in many cases is whats lacking in even a decent film.

Thats it! Gotta run! You guys have any other reviews for it?
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I should be going to see this tomo!!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 3rd September 2010, 02:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just saw this and thought it was good
The ending was kinda out there but I didnt hate it.
Shame u didnt see more of it ha ha

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!