Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2011, 12:04 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Threads merged.
Old 25th August 2011, 12:15 PM
Cult Rookie

the original is a classic film and highly underated but im happy for any remakes to come out as long as they are good enough to follow in the previous films footsteps. the special effects in this look terrible, the vampire has to special make-up or contacts to make them look bad. the tv spot i watched and the trailers on imdb dont paint a good picture of this. i would have hoped for meaner looking vampires with decent contacts and a bit of makeup at least instead of stephen king type cgi.
Old 25th August 2011, 12:29 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detector View Post
instead he is an absythe alcoholic. wasted
Most usually are

I haven't seen the original for years, really not sure what to make of the remake to be honest.
Old 25th August 2011, 12:34 PM
Ex-member

Default Fright Night remake - due 2011

I've saw the original FRIGHT NIGHT, first on video when it was given a 5 star rating in a video mag
But was disappointed by the film
have since it a couple of times on tv but still not a fan
Old 16th September 2011, 12:20 AM
Active Cultist

Saw this last night and was pleasantly surprised. A very entertaining film with fun, bloody horror and some great characters. The story felt a bit rushed at times to me, but the pacing was mostly excellent (it builds nicely while gradually becoming more and more chaotic).

And the CGI was pretty good for the most part. Couple of dodgy blood effects here and there but that was about it. The facial transformations in particular were rather impressive.

I still think I prefer the original, but this is by far the best recent horror remake I've seen.

Like this? Share it using the links below!