Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2011, 09:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophy of a Knife View Post
I finally saw the first this weekend. I'd heard a lot of hype, so I was pleasantly suprised that it was a really good flick. Definately check out the sequel.
Yeah, Victor Crowley's movie maniac debut impressed me too and my U.S. DVD and BR copies of HII finally came last week. Nice sleeve artwork and some decent extras judging by the back cover so let's hope Arrow follow suit.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:32 AM
Cult Rookie

Competition

I loved Hatchet seen as it did what it said was a return to classic american slaher films, with the king of the maniacs Kane Hodder rocking the psycho killer can't wait for number 2
Old 15th March 2011, 06:28 AM
Cult Rookie

I apologise if this has been answered in another thread (I'm a newb ), but is there a definite release date for the UK? I love Hatchet (I mean, Kane Hodder, Robert Englund and Tony Todd all in one slasher?) Its throwback sensibilities and offbeat humour massively appealed to me, so I'm very excited about HII.
Old 28th April 2011, 04:01 PM
Cult Rookie

I bought the full uncut version of Hatchet from playusa (which has now unfortunately closed down) and if i buy the first movie that will have sequels in region 1 this means i want the sequels in region 1 (if that made sense) and with the closure of playusa i don't know a decent US site to buy all my region 1 movies from.....can anyone help with this, anyone know a decent site i can get region 1 dvd's from please????
Old 28th April 2011, 04:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothicvamp1888 View Post
I bought the full uncut version of Hatchet from playusa (which has now unfortunately closed down) and if i buy the first movie that will have sequels in region 1 this means i want the sequels in region 1 (if that made sense) and with the closure of playusa i don't know a decent US site to buy all my region 1 movies from.....can anyone help with this, anyone know a decent site i can get region 1 dvd's from please????
You could try Amazon UK, i buy region 1 discs from their marketplace sellers all the time.

Good traders i have found are -

Supermart USA
All Your Music
Moviemars USA

Never had any postal losses from any of them.
Old 28th April 2011, 04:45 PM
Cult Rookie

cheers mate...will check em out
Old 30th April 2011, 01:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Supermart USA
All Your Music
Moviemars USA

Never had any postal losses from any of them.
I tend to find Supermart use the preferable packaging for issuing stock whereas the latter two sellers can sometimes send their products in pretty flimsy protection.

A while back i ordered Universal's recent R1 Army Of Darkness DVD which popped through my letterbox with the disc loose inside the case. I hate it when that happens! Anyway, a prompt message to Supermart and they told me to hold on to the relevant item rather than send it back. The seller in question was only too happy to issue another copy to me.

Moviemars recently sent me out BU's The Toolbox Murders BR and said title never arrived. However, when subsequently contacted the company understood my predicament and supplied me with a replacement which came fine the other day. Suitably satisfied i was needless to say.

You could also try Planet Axel and Amazon's U.S. arm for R1 purchases. The latter provided me with my American Hatchet II DVD and BR releases but they took a few weeks to reach me as i always choose the cheapest delivery option.

Hope this helps.
Old 30th April 2011, 03:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Just borrowed the region 1 Hatchet 2 DVD from a mate and will watch it this weekend.

Last edited by wongfeihung62; 30th April 2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 30th April 2011, 03:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 View Post
Just borrowed thr region 1 Hatchet 2 DVD from a mate and will watch it this weekend.
Hang on for the region two Arrow edition, it will be amazing!
Old 30th April 2011, 07:59 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Hang on for the region two Arrow edition, it will be amazing!
I assume from the photos you posted on facebook with Danielle Harris, we will be seeing an interview with the lovely lady?

Like this? Share it using the links below!