Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2010, 10:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik
Default Hatchet II (2010)

Hey guys

anyone else looking forward to Hatchet 2??
Also does anyone know if it was shown uncut at frightfest?

First one was awesome IMO.
Gory and funny.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 6th September 2010, 06:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Looking very much forward to it, because...

a) I'm a die-hard slasher fan!

b) It's supposed to be much gorier than the first flick.

c) It features the lovely Danielle Harris in the lead.

d) Kane Hodder just rocks as a slasher-villain.
Old 6th September 2010, 05:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

want to see it,but hope its better than the 1st.think kane was alot better at jason?
Old 6th September 2010, 08:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

first one was not perfect but was better then most of the slashers out of hollywood past few years.

Sequel is meant to be much more darker then the first one and is getting good reviews.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th September 2010, 04:24 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

It's getting a lot of attention here in the states, it's the biggest unrated release of a film since the original DAWN OF THE DEAD.

They're saying if it does well, it could lead to more unrated releases here which of course could be a godsend, but in the other hand could be a curse.

It could go one of three ways;

1) It does well, and suddenly, releasing unrated films in the theaters becomes the "in" thing. Well my problem with that is the gimmick studios have been using for years to push DVD sales will go down the toilet - no more "exclusive" unrated director's cuts, no more, "too scary for theaters" taglines on the artwork, could potentially effect DVD/Blu Ray sales in the long run.

2) It fails miserably and it will take another 30 odd something years for another unrated film to give it a shot.

3) It does well - same scenario, different outcome - and suddenly movie goers are demanding unrated features, which not every studio is going to support, hindering the box office cash in for other rated films.

Then again who knows what could really happen but this is how I feel it may effect the market, but it might have no effect, it might be a box office smash or a stinking bomb, and nothing could happen. Guess that's one out of four scenarios.
Old 7th September 2010, 04:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Its outcome in the states wont make no difference to its UK release as they still will need to go through the BBFC

First hatchet got through without any cuts and even though I heard part 2 is even more gory I doubt it will get cut as BBFC dont cut gore anymore. So will be a standard release over here.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 12th September 2010, 10:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I truly enjoyed the first Hatchet and thought Victor Crowley was one frightening, formidable and fearsome foe.
Hopefully, the sequel will be just as impressive as the original.
Old 13th September 2010, 06:44 PM
Active Cultist

Only got around to watching the first one last Saturday. I have to say I really enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to the sequel. Anybody know the UK release date?
Old 13th September 2010, 07:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I love the first Hatchet. Incredibly well written movie with a terrific script. Really took the slasher movies forward far better than Scream did ... a real fanboy movie!!

I don't think the sequel will suffer at the hands of the censor over here in the UK. They don't really trouble splatter movies any more. They are more interested in keeping an eye on sexual violence .. e.g I Spit and Serbian.

Would like to see a Halloween cinema release, but more realistically will go straight to DVD. I'll be in the queue whatever happens!

Old 16th September 2010, 08:47 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

So is the UK DVD of Hatchet the full uncut version? Or is it the version that went out in US cinemas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Would like to see a Halloween cinema release, but more realistically will go straight to DVD. I'll be in the queue whatever happens!
I think its UK release will be dependent on the success of the US release. If it's a big hit and gets talked about - which, because of its unrated status, it might - then it might get a UK cinema release. Especially as it's likely to be uncut here anyway. But films like this do have a straight-to-DVD tendency in this country so I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Like this? Share it using the links below!