Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   I Spit on Your Grave (2010) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/4233-i-spit-your-grave-2010-a.html)

GoreFreak91 19th January 2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 121599)
while that is very true, there are still a lot of messed up people in the world who may not even watch extreme horror :lol:
which is why people consider extreme horror dangerous.
not that I agree obviously :lol:

Somtimes a few unstable People will watch a violent Film, or a violent Game and take Inspiration from that. What annoys though is when the Bs Media blame Societys Problems on Films or Games.

Sam@Cult Labs 19th January 2011 04:54 PM

I've said it before...

We should ban American Presidents in case some other nutjob wants to impress Jodie Foster and also ban any future Jill Dando's, in case they inspire stalkers to murder.

Essentially, if the media puts it out, someone will get obsessed with it. In general, for most people, horror and extreme cinema is a safety valve in an unfriendly world.

Censorship isn't about suppressing the film itself, it's about supressing the population. I'll never agree with it, despite the fact that working on a film like this troubles me.

Put it this way, this film is really good, I can't recommend it enough but it doesn't mean I'm going to return to it on a daily basis.

I think it's about balance of consumption. People who only watch safe, unchallenging fluff are escapist. People who only watch the very worst, nasty stuff need to open their minds to other forms of art because I'm not sure a pure diet of XXX rated sexual violence is all that healthy.

However, if, like me, you enjoyed both I Spit on Your Grave, A Serbian Film and also Mary Poppins and Groundhog Day, then I don't think society has much to fear from you...

Sam@Cult Labs 19th January 2011 05:08 PM

The Cult Labs Youtube channel has a brace of ISYG clips. This blog highlights my favourite. The lull before in inevitable vengeance...

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE: DAY OF THE WOMAN

JoeTerror 24th January 2011 09:00 PM

I hope this is better then "Last House on the Left" which I liked up until the very end. Wish I could cut out that last 10 min of that one!

nekromantik 24th January 2011 09:22 PM

I quite enjoyed Last House remake and think this is just as good as far as remakes go BUT the ending for I Spit is better then the Last House remake.

gag 27th January 2011 01:10 PM

I do watch some remakes, But any remakes of a Jap horror i detest them and on any account dont watch them, Some remakes i avoid like the plague, But the reason y I Spit On your grave, Last House on the left, etc remakes dont work to well is because the Originals are badly acted, badly made, low budget, indipendant, and not comercalised, And that is part of the reason y the originals work better, I am undecided on watching remake of I spit until ive heard more ppl opinions on here..

MECHAGODPHILLA 27th January 2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 124459)
...remakes dont work to well is because the Originals are badly acted, badly made, low budget, indipendant, and not comercalised...

I've got to agree ~ plus each era of film has a certain charm. But, I'll be going to see it ~ and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

:pop2:

Demoncrat 27th January 2011 01:46 PM

hi, first time on this site...having watched this "film" recently (107 minutes)
il say this...MARTYRS was superior...and im a "fan" of the original (amazing commentary, which does put new spin on it i feel). SNUFF 102 far worse by a country mile...

gag 27th January 2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 124465)
hi, first time on this site...having watched this "film" recently (107 minutes)
il say this...MARTYRS was superior...and im a "fan" of the original (amazing commentary, which does put new spin on it i feel). SNUFF 102 far worse by a country mile...

Hi Hamish

Welcome to the site,

Sam@Cult Labs 27th January 2011 06:28 PM

Welcome Hamish!

Here's a new clip blog featuring a creepy calm before the storm moment: CLICK