Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2011, 03:39 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
while that is very true, there are still a lot of messed up people in the world who may not even watch extreme horror
which is why people consider extreme horror dangerous.
not that I agree obviously

Somtimes a few unstable People will watch a violent Film, or a violent Game and take Inspiration from that. What annoys though is when the Bs Media blame Societys Problems on Films or Games.

'Money has nothing to do with the Value of Life' - Ian Mackaye
Old 19th January 2011, 03:54 PM
Blogs Moderator

I've said it before...

We should ban American Presidents in case some other nutjob wants to impress Jodie Foster and also ban any future Jill Dando's, in case they inspire stalkers to murder.

Essentially, if the media puts it out, someone will get obsessed with it. In general, for most people, horror and extreme cinema is a safety valve in an unfriendly world.

Censorship isn't about suppressing the film itself, it's about supressing the population. I'll never agree with it, despite the fact that working on a film like this troubles me.

Put it this way, this film is really good, I can't recommend it enough but it doesn't mean I'm going to return to it on a daily basis.

I think it's about balance of consumption. People who only watch safe, unchallenging fluff are escapist. People who only watch the very worst, nasty stuff need to open their minds to other forms of art because I'm not sure a pure diet of XXX rated sexual violence is all that healthy.

However, if, like me, you enjoyed both I Spit on Your Grave, A Serbian Film and also Mary Poppins and Groundhog Day, then I don't think society has much to fear from you...
Old 19th January 2011, 04:08 PM
Blogs Moderator

The Cult Labs Youtube channel has a brace of ISYG clips. This blog highlights my favourite. The lull before in inevitable vengeance...

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE: DAY OF THE WOMAN
Old 24th January 2011, 08:00 PM
Cult Rookie

I hope this is better then "Last House on the Left" which I liked up until the very end. Wish I could cut out that last 10 min of that one!
Old 24th January 2011, 08:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I quite enjoyed Last House remake and think this is just as good as far as remakes go BUT the ending for I Spit is better then the Last House remake.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 27th January 2011, 12:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I do watch some remakes, But any remakes of a Jap horror i detest them and on any account dont watch them, Some remakes i avoid like the plague, But the reason y I Spit On your grave, Last House on the left, etc remakes dont work to well is because the Originals are badly acted, badly made, low budget, indipendant, and not comercalised, And that is part of the reason y the originals work better, I am undecided on watching remake of I spit until ive heard more ppl opinions on here..
Old 27th January 2011, 12:30 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
...remakes dont work to well is because the Originals are badly acted, badly made, low budget, indipendant, and not comercalised...
I've got to agree ~ plus each era of film has a certain charm. But, I'll be going to see it ~ and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Old 27th January 2011, 12:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

hi, first time on this site...having watched this "film" recently (107 minutes)
il say this...MARTYRS was superior...and im a "fan" of the original (amazing commentary, which does put new spin on it i feel). SNUFF 102 far worse by a country mile...
Old 27th January 2011, 01:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
hi, first time on this site...having watched this "film" recently (107 minutes)
il say this...MARTYRS was superior...and im a "fan" of the original (amazing commentary, which does put new spin on it i feel). SNUFF 102 far worse by a country mile...
Hi Hamish

Welcome to the site,
Old 27th January 2011, 05:28 PM
Blogs Moderator

Welcome Hamish!

Here's a new clip blog featuring a creepy calm before the storm moment: CLICK

Like this? Share it using the links below!