Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2011, 11:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

ok just watched it and the bbfc state that it was passed with no cuts on 06/12/10 on video but on 25/08/10 it had a total of 17 cuts totalling 43secs at a run time of 107mins 45sec. But the version i just watched was 103 minutes so surely that 4 minutes removed. im confused....good film though and the Sheriff is from my neck of the woods...cardiff..
Old 1st February 2011, 11:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
ok just watched it and the bbfc state that it was passed with no cuts on 06/12/10 on video but on 25/08/10 it had a total of 17 cuts totalling 43secs at a run time of 107mins 45sec. But the version i just watched was 103 minutes so surely that 4 minutes removed. im confused....good film though and the Sheriff is from my neck of the woods...cardiff..
yes pedro its still missing 45 secs as they probs sent a pre cut version for video release. Did you watch it on DVD? if so then thats PAL speedup time difference.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
yes pedro its still missing 45 secs as they probs sent a pre cut version for video release. Did you watch it on DVD? if so then thats PAL speedup time difference.
i watched it on Blu-ray nek, got an early rental copy from work, to be honest i can't see where they could have cut the 45secs as the film is pretty brutal and full on for a good 40 minutes..
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
i watched it on Blu-ray nek, got an early rental copy from work, to be honest i can't see where they could have cut the 45secs as the film is pretty brutal and full on for a good 40 minutes..
they only cut sexul violence and nothing in the revenge section.
I just had a look and ye the video version is listed at 103 and cinema 107 which makes sense for PAL speedup but if yours was a blu then thats a bit odd. maybe the FPS was altered.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:15 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I watched it on Monday night and was surprised just how brutal and intense the whole rape scene was. It is an unrelenting assault on the viewer and possibly even more intense than the original because of the score and HD surround sound.
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:40 PM
Blogs Moderator

Default New blog / packshot

Small towns can breed small minds, especially, according to the rules of the American Grindhouse, if you live anywhere a bit swampy. Discuss.

Not really. Here's a post I wrote on one scene from the movie (so beware spoilers) were peer pressure and dead end boredom combine into a potentially violent and perverse brew

ISYG: GANG MENTALITY

Also...

BLU-RAY PACK SHOT:

Old 2nd February 2011, 01:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

thanks for the welcome folks....
Old 2nd February 2011, 02:45 PM
Cultist

Sorry if this is a stupid question? But, have I missed the cinema release of this?
Old 2nd February 2011, 03:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I watched it on Monday night and was surprised just how brutal and intense the whole rape scene was. It is an unrelenting assault on the viewer and possibly even more intense than the original because of the score and HD surround sound.
Tbh I thought the originals rape scene was far worse.
The remake however does go all out on the revenge section although when it dont actully show the castration and the final death its a bit of a cop out as its meant to be brutal.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd February 2011, 03:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Tbh I thought the originals rape scene was far worse.
The remake however does go all out on the revenge section although when it dont actully show the castration and the final death its a bit of a cop out as its meant to be brutal.
I decided to watch the remake. even tho i was against watching it
It was ok but didnt realy do much for me in the long run,
Bit dull boring and bland a lot of hype over nothing realy,

Like this? Share it using the links below!