Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2011, 02:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I decided to watch the remake. even tho i was against watching it
It was ok but didnt realy do much for me in the long run,
Bit dull boring and bland a lot of hype over nothing realy,
i liked it but it was over hyped.
Im still not sure why I have got it on order from amazon

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd February 2011, 04:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MECHAGODPHILLA View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question? But, have I missed the cinema release of this?
I imagine that the theatrical release was so limited that you would have been extremely lucky to watch it at the cinema - it didn't come anywhere near me to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Tbh I thought the originals rape scene was far worse.
The remake however does go all out on the revenge section although when it dont actully show the castration and the final death its a bit of a cop out as its meant to be brutal.
In hindsight, I suppose the cut to black parts of the rape section detracted from the ordeal but the part with Matthew was more harrowing than in the original even though the 'comedy' made it worse.

Even though I have the BD (though not the complete package), I'm still keeping the US version pre-ordered as I want to see the revenge part of the rape-revenge uncut. In terms of the castration, some things work better in the imagination!
Old 2nd February 2011, 04:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i hated the original, i found it farcical with some of the characters but really enjoyed the remake, in all honesty i found it harder to watch than serbian film because the performances were so realistic and brutal that it was very shocking, fair do's to the cast for what they did.
Old 2nd February 2011, 05:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I imagine that the theatrical release was so limited that you would have been extremely lucky to watch it at the cinema - it didn't come anywhere near me to the best of my knowledge.

In hindsight, I suppose the cut to black parts of the rape section detracted from the ordeal but the part with Matthew was more harrowing than in the original even though the 'comedy' made it worse.

Even though I have the BD (though not the complete package), I'm still keeping the US version pre-ordered as I want to see the revenge part of the rape-revenge uncut. In terms of the castration, some things work better in the imagination!
hmm
maybe your right about the castration
might be a lil too morbid me thinks

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd February 2011, 08:14 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Bah! Thanks for the info matey.
Old 3rd February 2011, 02:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Does anyone know if the UK double film BluRay release of ISOYG Remake and ISOYG Original contain the same version of the original cut that 101 films released on BD in 2010 .?
Old 3rd February 2011, 02:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Does anyone know if the UK double film BluRay release of ISOYG Remake and ISOYG Original contain the same version of the original cut that 101 films released on BD in 2010 .?
yes as far as im aware there has only been 1 blu release of I spit original so doubt they would create a new release just for double set.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 3rd February 2011, 05:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I was wondering that as its not a 101 release (Remake) then maybe the original was resubmitted to the BBFC and a longer version was approved. ?

HD copies on BD of the ISOYG remake are sadly being sold up at a local market I go to. I wouldn't buy any though.
Old 3rd February 2011, 06:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I was wondering that as its not a 101 release (Remake) then maybe the original was resubmitted to the BBFC and a longer version was approved. ?

HD copies on BD of the ISOYG remake are sadly being sold up at a local market I go to. I wouldn't buy any though.
nope
bbfc only list the 101 release.
Like I said before its not very likely that they would spend money on re-submitting it 6 months later.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th February 2011, 11:07 AM
Cultist in Training

Default Stick with the original

love the original, best thing about the remake is the poster!! Movie just doesnt work at all in my opinion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!