Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2011, 04:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Bought the ISOYG Remake today instore at HMV and all they had was the crappy double feature pack with the 101 original for £19.99 BD and £14.99 DVD .
I was told thats all they got and it would probably be a few weeks till the solo BD comes in so I got the BD , though the dual artwork ruins it imho and there's no reverse side. A double sided art sleave with card slip case like ARROWS releases would have been much better .
Another BD to add to the pile of films i'll never watch .
Old 7th February 2011, 04:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I tried to edit my last post but it wouldn't allow me to save.
Old 8th February 2011, 01:50 PM
Blogs Moderator

The remake of classic grindhouse horror movie I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE is out now on UK DVD and Blu-Ray. Check out the CULT LABS BLOG for more info.

Last edited by Sam@Cult Labs; 8th February 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12th February 2011, 06:38 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

I saw the remake the other day and really enjoyed it. I thought it was well made and I thought it had a nice twist on the original. If you just take it for what it is and forget it's a remake it's pretty good.
Old 13th February 2011, 02:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sarah Butler was good in it but the original was much better imho. I know i'll watch the original ISOYG again in its uncut form but I cant really see myself revisiting the remake again .
Old 14th February 2011, 03:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I was never a fan of the original so the remake was an interesting take on the story. i liked the transition from following Jennifer Hills in the first part of the movie to following the thugs and witnessing Hills dispatch them; in glorious bloody HiDef
Old 19th February 2011, 03:23 AM
Cult Rookie

Default I don't understand why

I don't understand why the re-make is getting slammed right and left all over the web.

I saw the original ISOYG on its original run, at the drive-in. It was so bad it was laughable.

The remake, on the other hand is most excellent. I don't understand why this is getting so much negative reviews. As far as gore it doesn't even come close to the Saw franchise, which I rented Saw 1 and wasn't really impressed enough to watch any more.

I Spit on Your Grave has a fan here! And the cast rocks!

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 19th February 2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Removed comment regarding piracy
Old 19th February 2011, 03:31 AM
Cult Rookie

I agree with you 100%. While the original is what some term "sexploitation" it was bad, bad, bad. Let's face it, it was first ran at the drive-in on a triple feature! We were laughing our butts off at it.
The new one has haunted me since I got it from Amazon and watched it beginning to end.
If I think about any movie a week after I watched it then it's been a damn good movie.
Old 19th February 2011, 11:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sorry David but I disagree. I wouldn't call the original a'sexploitation' film as the sex in it is in no way ment to excite and is definetly no laughing matter.
The originals proper title and lengthy run time makes it imo quite a serious film and not quicky grindhouse fodder.
The remake was ok (UK version) but did'nt stay with me after the end credits or leave me feeling anything.
In my opinion the original was a much more harrowing and hard hitting film and will be talked about on boards such as this for many years to come while the remake will fade into obscerity .
Old 19th February 2011, 02:18 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

I would never consider ISOYG to be a sexploitation film. While I do like the remake, the original still is a much stronger film in my opinion and it really stuck with me, I think mainly because it has such a powerful story behind it. I think the simplicity of the revenge sequence in the original (especially the ending which seemed a bit over-complicated in the remake) gave it more impact - that final scene is one you don't forget! I actually couldn't remember how the film ended the following day (although I'm sure several beers had something to do with that haha!)

Like this? Share it using the links below!