Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Wake Wood and the Return of Hammer. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/4888-wake-wood-return-hammer.html)

Leman 29th March 2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139281)
If I were you, I'd wait until morning. If you watch the first quarter of an hour and then fall asleep, you'll end up regretting it and will have to watch it tomorrow anyway!

It did a quite good job of gripping me from the start so I stayed awake until the end. Then fell asleep straight afterwards :p.

Can't agree more with what everyone else has said about it feeling like a lost relic from the past, one of the things that sets up the comparison so well is its lack of explanation. It takes real confidence in your visual story-telling to just not explain any of the pagan ceremonies, or Arthur or anything really. We are left to just place everything togethor piece by piece. Its great.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 01:22 PM

I'm glad you stayed awake and enjoyed the movie -- it's something I want to watch again to see if there are things I missed on first viewing.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 08:53 PM

Went into ASDA today to get Wake Wood-none there.
'Excuse me-number 12 in the chart,Wake Wood-do you have any?'

'None there-it must be sold out.'

'Do you have any in stock?'
'Sold out.'

Happy to help? My ARSE!

However,the 'yoof' of today didn't put me off getting this promising looking new chiller.I've ordered it from Amazon.

As a huge fan of The Wicker Man,I'm REALLY looking forward to this.

nekromantik 30th March 2011 12:26 AM

I just saw this and thought it was very good!!

SPOILER:

Although the bit at the end where they bury Alice you could see what was gonna happen next with the girls hand comming out of the ground. The ending was proper creepy and out there however. Again when he goes to the pharmacy and you see him grab her strand of hair you know what was gonna happen. Still was enjoyable but I dont see how he could take the baby from her womb and she wasnt that pregnant when she got taken so how did the baby grow and would it not be dead :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th March 2011 10:23 AM

SPOILER:
We don't know how long Louise has been buried, so it is possible that she has been in the ground for eight months with the foetus gestating all the time, so Patrick knows he has three days to perform the Caesarean in order to keep the baby in the real world before losing his wife again.

nekromantik 30th March 2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139616)
SPOILER:
We don't know how long Louise has been buried, so it is possible that she has been in the ground for eight months with the foetus gestating all the time, so Patrick knows he has three days to perform the Caesarean in order to keep the baby in the real world before losing his wife again.

true
SPOILER:

that does make sense so it must mean they aint dead if the baby still grows and is alive.

ecc 31st March 2011 08:25 AM

Got this review up at DVDBeaver last week, but I did not realize there was thread for the film here: WAKE WOOD (Momentum Pictures).

Sam@Cult Labs 31st March 2011 06:32 PM

WAKE WOOD: OUT NOW

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 08:30 PM

Watched Wake Wood tonight, and really enjoyed it.

Great spin on a tale of Pagan belief, coupled with the spooky killer child plot.

Some really good performances, and the effects were very well done too. Recommended. :nod:

Behemot 12th June 2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemot (Post 138862)
I read a review of this DVD somewhere (but I cannot remember where!) which showed, with screen comparisons, that the image on the UK DVD has been "opened up" (NOT cropped) from 2.35:1 to 1.78:1. It seems the German Blu-ray and DVD which will be out later this year will be 2.35:1. Thought it worth a mention.

Just watched the German Blu-ray (great movie!), and it is indeed 2.35:1, as opposed to the UK DVD which is 1.78:1.