Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Dario Argento's Dracula Anticipation Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/5548-dario-argentos-dracula-anticipation-thread.html)

mlink73 10th May 2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 240742)
SLEEPLESS is very underrated imo

Pity he went for Card Player after that instead of doing the planned "Sunglasses" which would have been a Giallo set in Venice, hopefully one day he picks up the script again. :pray:

PaulD 14th May 2012 11:52 PM

We have a proper trailer:

Dracula 3D Official Trailer #1 (2012) - Dario Argento, Rutger Hauer Move HD - YouTube

CGI still looks really iffy. Overall I have to say I remain unconvinced although I'll obviously be giving it a go

Gojirosan 15th May 2012 12:00 AM

That trailer looks great!

Fairly excited now!

Pete 15th May 2012 12:12 AM

Looks alright.

keirarts 15th May 2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 242075)
We have a proper trailer:

Dracula 3D Official Trailer #1 (2012) - Dario Argento, Rutger Hauer Move HD - YouTube

CGI still looks really iffy. Overall I have to say I remain unconvinced although I'll obviously be giving it a go

Doesn't look argento's finest moment. I suspect the cheap look is something to do with being shot in 3d, but the CGI looks dreadful. The whole tone of the film is like early to mid nineties italian straight to video.

So I should probably enjoy it. ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2012 07:55 AM

The CGI – especially the fire – does leave a lot to be desired but, overall, it looks quite promising.

Roughale 15th May 2012 09:14 AM

The trailer looks freakin' awful! What is riding Dario these days? It surely goes steeply downhill. That trailer is the worst I have seen from him so far - a drastically miscast lead role, laughable effects, bad acting - I better not watch this if I want to remember him as a good director - but I am not sure if crucifixes and garlic help against curiosity... :coolblue:

James Morton 15th May 2012 03:45 PM

i've seen other trailers of course and this is great also
can't wait for the dvd

Criterion7 15th May 2012 05:34 PM

I want to see this in theatre damnit. My gf uncle will be at Cannes( Mahi BineBine's book Gods Horse is now a film by Nabil Ayouch and it's up for competition against Brandon Cronenberg's debut Antiviral) and they are showcasing Argento's Dracula there. Sadly I'm missing Cannes this year.

profondo rosso 17th November 2012 07:00 PM

For a forum full of fans of B movies, cult classics and foreign fair that are not known for their oscar nominations, they are obscure, independent titles that we embrace with love away from the mainstream crowd.... are we being harsh on this trailer? Sure Argento seems way past his best, but I for one am looking forward to it. Ill give it a go and probably enjoy it because sometimes all the right ingredients, brilliant acting excellent SFX, big budget, renowned director etc still produces crap. Thats why were on here, as fans of the different, tacky, tasteless, laughable, obscure, foreign, cheap classics! BRING IT ON!