Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Dario Argento's Dracula Anticipation Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/5548-dario-argentos-dracula-anticipation-thread.html)

stefanmetal 11th May 2011 06:39 PM

The posters seem a bit generic. To be honest, do we really need another adptation of Dracula? I think not.

Prince_Vajda 11th May 2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanmetal (Post 149862)
To be honest, do we really need another adptation of Dracula? I think not.

Well, we had Dracula (1931) with the fabulous Lugosi (and with Edward Van Sloan, the best Van Helsing ever), we had the nice Hammer Dracula (1958) with Lee/Cushing, we had the amiable spoof Dracula - Dead and Loving It... to keep it short: I agree with you, there's no real need for a new one. :cool:

Greetings!

PaulD 15th May 2011 09:45 AM

Lamberto Bava, Claudio Simonetti and Sergio Stivaletti to work on Dracula 3D. Plus Demons 3 on the way, pending financing!

Prince_Vajda 15th May 2011 03:39 PM

That's good news - Argento reunited with his old pals should make the movie a nice thing to wait for. :nod:

Just a little announcement. I do not know how often I will be active here again as I had to invest too much time and too many posts in explaining the basics of irony and sarcasm the last few days - which is off-topic and not a funny thing to do. I most certainly am the first to step in if somebody is offended by anybody else but remarks that are meant funny (or maybe sometimes slightly nasty) should be allowed.
I know that most of the quarrels have been misunderstandings. So I am not angry at anybody.
But delivering too many posts that could possibly be misunderstood doesn't add anything to this forum. So, in order to keep the forum peaceful and on-topic, I decide to reduce my number of posts at least for a while - I don't think that anyone will miss my comments as Nos and many others here are doing a great job in entertaining and informing us, as well as moderating this forum - a big "Thanks" from me! :rockon:

Back to the topic: let's look forward to Dracula 3D!

Greetings!

Daemonia 16th May 2011 11:17 AM

Oh please, don't be so melodramatic, Prince. That's a bit of an overreaction, don't you think? No-one wants you to leave - and you know it.

As for Dario's Dracula. It's probably best to wait and see what the finished film is like, but after the travesty that was Phantom of the Opera, I have my reservations. But I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it for myself, which I surely will at some point.

Beyond72 17th May 2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 147786)
This is the first poster for Dracula 3d as directed by Dario Argento.

It stars Rutger Hauer as Van Helsing, as usual Asia Argento has a lead role. The film is said to be very faithfull to the novel.

In my opinion the poster is a little underwhelming. What are your thoughts on the poster and the film, do we need another version of Dracula, if we do is Dario a good choice after his version of another classic novel in Phantom of the Opera.

I don't mind the poster actually, reminds me of the Castlevania video games.

If I believed Argento could bring some of the style of Suspira & Inferno to the Dracula legend I'd be excited but after MOT I'm not. :(

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 151156)
Oh please, don't be so melodramatic, Prince. That's a bit of an overreaction, don't you think? No-one wants you to leave - and you know it.

As for Dario's Dracula. It's probably best to wait and see what the finished film is like, but after the travesty that was Phantom of the Opera, I have my reservations. But I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it for myself, which I surely will at some point.

When compared to POTO Dae,it has got to be great!

Let's just say I'll be looking at this one with 'interest'....:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 151156)

When compared to POTO Dae,it has got to be great!

Let's just say I'll be looking at this one with 'interest'....:nod:

And yeah,Asia's still hot!

PaulD 10th June 2011 09:25 PM

If any of you are all Twittered-up I'd recommend following Asia Argento as she's currently tweeting a lot about the production of Dracula 3D and posting a few pictures.

Dread Central have a piece on it here

Gojirosan 10th June 2011 09:41 PM

I'm quite looking forward to this. I've not thought Argento's later films to be that bad (the only one I really thought was bad was Phantom Of The Opera) and think this has got a fantastic cast.