Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Dario Argento's Dracula Anticipation Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/5548-dario-argentos-dracula-anticipation-thread.html)

Prince_Vajda 17th December 2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 204218)
Don't judge a film on a workprint trailer with all the tweaks left out.

Imagine Suspiria without the Goblin soundtrack or different lighting used.

Wait until you at least see a proper trailer or have, better still ,actually watched the film itself.

Of course, a workprint trailer is not the final product.

But I guess that a proper trailer and the final movie will contain even more CGI - so I'm definitely not in high spirits. :tsk:

Greetings!

Phurious 17th December 2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 204207)
....wow....just, wow... :shocked:

I hope those 'Effects work in progress' captions make it to the finished film :nod:

Better than Vampire's Kiss :eek: ...?

Vampire's Kiss wasn't intentional, but it is a far superior film, that being said I genuinely love Buffy the movie.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th December 2011 08:28 PM

Both The Dark Side and Fangoria say the 3D work is excellent, not only in things coming out of the screen but the sheer depth of the production.

The Dark Side has been less than complimentary about Dario's more recent offerings if people think they are biased.

Phurious 17th December 2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Wait until you at least see a proper trailer or have, better still ,actually watched the film itself.

I'm judging the trailer's tone, not the film.

I know it's absolutely pointless to judge a movie by it's trailer, even more so a workprint, but come on, everyone's gotta have an inward smirk at a giant praying mantis ;)

Prince_Vajda 17th December 2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 204222)
Both The Dark Side and Fangoria say the 3D work is excellent, not only in things coming out of the screen but the sheer depth of the production.

The Dark Side has been less than complimentary about Dario's more recent offerings if people think they are biased.

I'm not criticising the quality of the 3D effects - I simply don't think that they're necessary! But that's just my personal opinion, and I definitely understand that there are quite a lot of people who love gimmicks like 3D and plenty of CGI. :nod:

I was hoping for a Hammer-style remake of Dracula, with some of Argento's trademarks like interesting colours, and harsh and detailed murder sets - but I guess this movie is not aimed at such an audience. :sad:

I will check it out, that's for sure - but I fear that I will be disappointed.

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th December 2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 204225)
everyone's gotta have an inward smirk at a giant praying mantis ;)

Don't be sarcastic now, everyone remembers it from the novel.:lol:

Gojirosan 17th December 2011 09:16 PM

I thought the sets and locations looked great. I also really liked the giant praying mantis!

It's the merest of tasters. And I found it interesting.

stefanmetal 17th December 2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

I haven't even watched the trailer yet and I expect it will be shii-iite.

stefanmetal 17th December 2011 10:42 PM

Fookin ell. Just watched it. If I knew he was tryin to make an all an all out comedy I'd have backed him all the way. Absolutely pissin myself.

Slippery Jack 17th December 2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

I reckon that trailer footage is beyond tweaking into quality material... unless there is a way of tweaking the camera angles / lighting / set design / performances in post...? ;)