Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By iluvdvds@Cult Labs
  • 1 Post By PaulD
  • 1 Post By PaulD
  • 1 Post By MrRange
  • 1 Post By Demoncrat
  • 1 Post By iluvdvds@Cult Labs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2015, 01:30 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Official Announcement Announcement: Adam Green's Digging Up The Marrow

Hello horror hounds,

Coming out soon, we have an excellent new film from one of the best modern horror movie directors, Adam Green. Take a look at the below, and let us know your thoughts!

Digging Up The Marrow

A uniquely terrifying voyage into the world of real monsters from horror legend Adam Green!

Documentary meets dark fantasy in this ingenious genre mash-up from horror maestro Adam Green (Frozen, Hatchet)!

When Green receives a message from a mysterious stranger, he takes his film crew on a bone-chilling odyssey to discover real-life monsters!

Key talent:

Written and Directed by
Adam Green (Frozen, Hatchet)

Starring
Ray Wise (RoboCop, X-Men First Class, Twin Peaks)
Will Barratt (Frozen)
Rileah Vanderbilt (Hatchet, Team Unicorn)
Kane Hodder (Friday the 13th, Monster)

Synopsis:

Filmmaker Adam Green receives a package in his fan mail from a mysterious man named William Dekker (Wise). Dekker claims he can prove monsters do indeed exist and that these grotesque creatures are in fact forgotten, hideously deformed humanoids that inhabit a vast, underground metropolis of the damned!

Determined to discover the truth, Green and his crew embark on a mysterious, fantastical, and terrifying journey deep into the shadows – where they dare to go Digging Up the Marrow!

You'll Love It!

Blurring the lines between reality and fantasy, Digging Up The Marrow is one of those rare treats that fans will love – something that takes the horror beyond the fourth wall and puts it straight into the real world.

As a well-regarded innovator of the genre, Adam Green has been a huge fan favourite since unleashing the bloody and brilliant Hatchet on the world almost ten years ago. And while Digging Up The Marrow was kept under tight wraps during production, it’s already accrued a cult following after the buzz from highly secretive screenings at a handful of movie festivals.

Not only does everyone love a good monster (especially the idea that they really do live underground) Digging Up The Marrow’s faux-documentary style is also very effective, putting a knowing twist on the found footage horror movie. It also gives Green and his cast a chance to have some real fun by playing themselves on screen – not to mention the appearance of cult hero Ray Wise!

For horror fans, it’s not to be missed!

Hot Quotes:

"Digging Up The Marrow will change the way you view the world" Harry Knowles, Ain't It Cool News

“Completely fresh and fun… Adam Green has done it again” Dread Central

“Effortlessly fascinating… Digging Up The Marrow gives horror fans what they want” Fangoria

“Bravo, Adam Green. Bravo” FlickFeast

“… coming away from it, I was compelled to immediately see it again, and to share it with others.” Gorepress

“Like a monstrous visit from a familiar friend.” Icons of Fright

“One of the most remarkable modern horror movies you’re likely to see… the best horror release of the year by far” UK Horror Scene

Special Features:

Behind The Scenes
Deleted Scenes

Adam Green's must-see horror film, DIGGING UP THE MARROW comes to UK DVD on the 15th June 2015. Click here to pre-order your copy.
PaulD likes this.
Old 15th May 2015, 02:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm generally really bored of found footage stuff but the concept of this does appeal to me and I've enjoyed a lot of Green's work in the past so will be seeking this out
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 15th May 2015, 02:33 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I'm generally really bored of found footage stuff but the concept of this does appeal to me and I've enjoyed a lot of Green's work in the past so will be seeking this out
Do you have any faves of Green's? For me, I loved Frozen. It was just so intense!
Old 15th May 2015, 02:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Do you have any faves of Green's? For me, I loved Frozen. It was just so intense!
Yeah, definitely Frozen for me too by a long shot. The first Hatchet film was pretty good too
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 15th May 2015, 04:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yeah, definitely Frozen for me too by a long shot. The first Hatchet film was pretty good too
^
This.
Old 27th May 2015, 12:00 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Frozen is an excellent horror! Have you guys seen Chillerama which was partly directed by Adam Green? That's such a fun movie - I love it! Well worth checking out if you love nonsense adult fun.
Old 27th May 2015, 02:04 PM
Cultist

I'm really looking forward to this release, I've heard a lot of good thing. I'm also a fan of Green's previous work.
Old 28th May 2015, 10:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Frozen is an excellent horror! Have you guys seen Chillerama which was partly directed by Adam Green? That's such a fun movie - I love it! Well worth checking out if you love nonsense adult fun.
Liked Chillerama, hated Frozen.....

Wise is always worth watching though.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th May 2015, 11:13 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ray Wise is incredible, Demoncrat. Loved him in Dead End especially.

The monsters in this film are more like something you'll find in Chillerama (or a Frank Henenlotter movie!). They're so crazy. If you click on the below image, it'll link you to a whole bunch of concept art from the film as well as a sneak preview at DreadCentral.

Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!