Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Evil Dead (2013) Remake (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/6200-evil-dead-2013-remake.html)

Demoncrat 5th December 2011 02:21 PM

new logo very Milligan no?
and i dont mean Spike.....;);)

Vampix 5th December 2011 03:15 PM

Looks crap! :tsk:

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 5th December 2011 08:54 PM

Out of morbid curiousity I am actually looking foreword to seeing what they do to stay true to the original, and what they do to make it their own. We know that sooner or later every film we grew up with and adore will be redone or rebooted. There is nothing we can do to prevent it. Even if we boycott it there will still be enough mindless tweens to pay to see it and buy the matching clothing from Hot Topic to warrant more film of the same. So I will not judge it till I see it. If it's a pile of excrement, I will just be thankful we still have the classic version. My problem is that seldome do they remake films that would benefit frome a new version. Some oldder film that had a very interesting story but the technology or funds were not available at the time. Could you imagine a version of Nightbreed on the scale of The Lord of the Rings? Or a version of Rawhead Rex where Rex actually had articulation? But, they would probably just F those up too.

wayfarer 5th December 2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. (Post 201918)
Out of morbid curiousity I am actually looking foreword to seeing what they do to stay true to the original, and what they do to make it their own. We know that sooner or later every film we grew up with and adore will be redone or rebooted. There is nothing we can do to prevent it. Even if we boycott it there will still be enough mindless tweens to pay to see it and buy the matching clothing from Hot Topic to warrant more film of the same. So I will not judge it till I see it. If it's a pile of excrement, I will just be thankful we still have the classic version. My problem is that seldome do they remake films that would benefit frome a new version. Some oldder film that had a very interesting story but the technology or funds were not available at the time. Could you imagine a version of Nightbreed on the scale of The Lord of the Rings? Or a version of Rawhead Rex where Rex actually had articulation? But, they would probably just F those up too.

I'll have to watch it, just like most of the other remakes I've sat through. I've enjoyed some; Hills Have Eyes, Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw - because they deviated from the source material and made their own movie. Evil Dead might be a decent movie as long as it does something cool.

Paul 6th December 2011 09:00 PM

The logo is ripped-off from this...
Pictures & Photos from I Saw the Devil - IMDb
I knew it looked familiar. :rolleyes:

sawyer6 6th December 2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 202078)
The logo is ripped-off from this...
Pictures & Photos from I Saw the Devil - IMDb
I knew it looked familiar. :rolleyes:

The whole project is a rip-off of a movie called Evil Dead!!!!!

wayfarer 8th December 2011 01:01 PM

A bit more info about the plot has been revealed;

Exclusive: Some Spooky Spoilerish Story Details on The Evil Dead Remake | Moviehole

Why these effing writers keep focusing on "comedy" all the time is beyond me. It's as if their memory can only cope with the last film that they saw, as in Army of Darkness.
There was only one obvious bit of black comedy in Raimi's original, in my view, and that was the scene where Scotty was dying on the sofa and Ash was smacking him about.

Splatterdragon73 8th December 2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 202380)
There was only one obvious bit of black comedy in Raimi's original, in my view, and that was the scene where Scotty was dying on the sofa and Ash was smacking him about.

Yeah, i get a laugh outta this scene too.:lol:

Daemonia 8th December 2011 02:22 PM

I find the original The Evil Dead a laugh riot. It's seriously OTT and played for ghoulish laughs. There's no way you can take the stapstick gore and humour seriously. I don't find it in the least bit scary or horrific. So yes, for me, it's a horror-comedy.

Vampix 8th December 2011 04:36 PM

I certainly found Raimi's original quite scary on first viewing, I think it was more anticipating how graphic the film was gonna get than anything.As I heard a lot of stories about how gory the film was even before it was released to cinemas and video.I didn't really like the comedic elements in both Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness, that's why the original film is still my favourite of the series.