Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th July 2011, 12:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

what they should do is a "redo" of the bollywood ripoff...that at least would be an original approach to this thing we call remake. harumph.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I doubt it will be any good without Campbell acting in it.

It could be a fun flick and if Rami is involved then hopefully it can be a not too bad remake.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 14th July 2011, 02:00 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

I've seen fandom get up in arms about a remake, only to eat it's words when it turns out to be good too many times to damn anything before it comes out.

In all honesty I find remakes really interesting; I like to see different takes on existing stories. The criticism that there are too many these days is probably fair, but equally I think the effect of that by fandom is a bit over-stated too. You'd think there was nothing original made these days. I've never personally found myself struggling for original films to watch, you just have to look beyond what's playing at your local multiplex, or pay attention to the smaller films. Support what you thing deserves supporting - have the courage of your convictions.

The most absurd thing I ever read was someone on twitter with strong moral objections to the Nightmare on Elm St remake. It wasn't that they just thought it would be bad, but that they objected to its very existence....then they went to see it.

I asked why they went to see it and their response was "I like to support the horror genre". Riiiight, so paying your money to see films that you think are damaging to the genre is a good way to support it?

I'd have prefered Ash to have his "Unforgiven" with an Evil Dead 4, but if it's not to be then it's not to be. I hope for the best with the remake.
Peter Neal likes this.
Old 14th July 2011, 03:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 14th July 2011, 03:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs View Post
I've seen fandom get up in arms about a remake, only to eat it's words when it turns out to be good too many times to damn anything before it comes out.

Which remakes are good?

I can only think of The Hills Have Eyes and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Carnival of Souls, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm St, Prom Night, The Fog, One Missed Call etc are all dreadfull.

Evil Dead doesn't need another remake, not after Evil Dead 2.
Old 14th July 2011, 03:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Which remakes are good?

Carnival of Souls, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm St, Prom Night, The Fog, One Missed Call etc are all dreadfull.

Evil Dead doesn't need another remake, not after Evil Dead 2.
That new FRIGHT NIGHT trailer looks abysmal too!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 14th July 2011, 03:37 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Which remakes are good?

Carnival of Souls, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm St, Prom Night, The Fog, One Missed Call etc are all dreadfull..
I thought the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was passable at best when I first saw it, and when I went to watch it a second time I didn't even make it to the end! I thought The Hills Have Eyes and Friday 13th were both ok in their own way, although maybe a 2nd viewing will prove otherwise. It doesn't change the fact that they're pointless and unecessary.
Old 14th July 2011, 03:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Crazies was pretty good, as was Dawn of the Dead (as it's own thing). Savini's NOTLD is another good remake. As said elsewhere, The Thing was a great one, and The Amityville Horror was another alright one (considering I HATE the original).

Werner Herzog's Nosferatu was a good one (although is it really a remake?), The Blob, Cape Fear... there's loads of good ones!

My favourite one of all is The Wicker Man though
Old 14th July 2011, 04:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

We're going to have a serious Fallout BF!

EVIL DEAD REMAKE?

YAWN!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th July 2011, 04:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
We're going to have a serious Fallout BF!
The Cage one is just so much better. "OH NO, NOTS THE BEES!! THE BEEEEES", 90 minutes of punching women, no Christopher Lee, what's not to like?

Tee hee.

Like this? Share it using the links below!