Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2012, 01:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I was totally against this remake but I am intrigued now. Looks like they may have done some decent stuff here.
Old 25th October 2012, 07:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Unless this remake stars an actor with an even bigger chin than Bruce Campbell's, I see no reason to watch it.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 25th October 2012, 08:23 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'll give the Evil Dead remake a go.After all it doesn't affect my enjoyment of Raimi's original film in any way.
Old 25th October 2012, 12:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I'll give the Evil Dead remake a go.After all it doesn't affect my enjoyment of Raimi's original film in any way.
My only gripe with Remakes is how it makes internet searches more cumbersome, esp when I'm searching for images.
Even when I put the year in I still sometimes get remake stuff.
Old 25th October 2012, 12:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

That annoys me too, even though I am a fan of most of the remakes. Especially when a 17 year old at college was banging on about how good Dawn of the Dead is and when I mentioned some scenes from the original, she didn't know what I was on about
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th October 2012, 06:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That annoys me too, even though I am a fan of most of the remakes. Especially when a 17 year old at college was banging on about how good Dawn of the Dead is and when I mentioned some scenes from the original, she didn't know what I was on about
Oh, hell yeah I know what this is like!
I had to explain to a mate of mine that there where 3 Death Race movies, he had never heard of Roger Corman!
Old 25th October 2012, 06:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thankfully the bad ones die a death - I mean who ever mentions The Fog 2005 ? Even The Thing remake quickly faded away...
Old 25th October 2012, 11:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Especially when a 17 year old at college was banging on about how good Dawn of the Dead is and when I mentioned some scenes from the original, she didn't know what I was on about
That's sad, and immensely irritating.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
That's sad, and immensely irritating.
Same girl, says she's into metal music and when I pointed out to her that she shares her birthday with the late great Dimebag Darrell, she didn't even know who he was! I don't hit females, but I came bloody close that's for sure
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th October 2012, 09:08 AM
Ex-Member

I don't mind remakes but this doesn't look great. As always they are using great sets, camera lenses and other glossy tricks but really....

I get the feeling its going to try to be as realistic as it can, and take away the talking possessed and kinda go down the cabin fever route.
The only thing I like is that there not going down the one liner route and finding another Bruce Campbell, because in the original (and best), even Bruce Campbell wasn't Bruce Campbell. He was a cowardly geek who kept getting defeated by falling ikea units.

Like this? Share it using the links below!