Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Peter Neal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2011, 10:00 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Default The House on the Edge of the Park Part II (TBA)

With the passing of David Hess I got thinking about the supposed release of this film which I read about a while ago.

It was announced earlier in the year that a UK company called North Bank Entertainment are producing a sequel directed by Deodato starring both Radice and Hess, the story according to Imdb being:

Quote:
After thirty years at the mercy of a brutal Warden in Sing Sing prison, Ricky is released and returns to the old garage in New York City. Desperate for a place to belong, he falls in with a dangerous sociopath named The Poet and his blood thirsty girlfriend Muriel. But the memories of Ricky's old friend Alex continue to haunt him.
What do people think of this? It's an interesting and fairly unlikely choice for a sequel to be honest. Do you get worried when a director goes back to a film years and years later? I personally always worry that they can never recapture what they had. I'm not sure what Hess' involvement in this would have been (flashbacks? dream sequences?) but I suspect this will still go ahead regardless now as a tribute to him perhaps.

edit: apparently Hess was never meant to be in it according to Radice in Feb this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Lombardo Radice
Friends and fans, I got the official permission to announce that Ruggero Deodato and myself are working on the sequel of HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK with North Bank Entertainment company in UK. We are very excited, but very sorry that, due to too many bullets through his body, David Hess can't be in it. But we hope he will approve of the project which will be somehow dedicated to him.

Last edited by PaulD; 9th October 2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 9th October 2011, 12:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm curiously excited about this one as- for some reason- I have a feeling that Deodato will do better than Argento and will spare us from another "Mother of Tears" experience.
stefanmetal likes this.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:42 AM
Cult Rookie

Loving the poster art. I hadn't seen them before. Not too sure it'll ever see the light of day now though =(
Old 13th October 2011, 11:36 PM
Cultist

David Hess was never going to be in this sequel due to being so comprehensively killed in the first film so I don't see why it can't go ahead. The film can act as a memorial to the magic Hess in the sky anyway.
Old 14th October 2011, 12:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I love that poster art. The first in particular looks to be almost a modern love letter to the original US artwork. Loving it.
Old 14th October 2011, 07:27 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosleaze View Post
David Hess was never going to be in this sequel due to being so comprehensively killed in the first film so I don't see why it can't go ahead.

Since the film's plot states "But the memories of Ricky's old friend Alex continue to haunt him" and coupled with the, admittedly unreliable, IMBD listing it did seems fairly plausible that he'd be in either flashback scenes or dream sequences as Ricky is haunted by Alex.

Like this? Share it using the links below!