Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2011, 05:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Inside was quality, as was Ils/Them.

I thought the Funny Games remake was good, but I like Haneke, so I tend to think anything of his is good!

And for home invasion, the first part of Martyrs for me. Aye aye aye, it's a horror.
dream demon likes this.
Old 4th October 2011, 05:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Oh shit yeh, the rest of Martyrs didn't really live up to that first part I thought. Mesmerisingly shocking and incredibly well done. It's the fact that it's all still so ambiguous and WTF.

Wasn't overly keen on Ils personally, hard to say why, but I just found the 'feeling of terror' somewhat lacking and just relied too heavily on old-fashioned jump scares and the usual old tropes. Maybe it's something I need to reappraise?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 4th October 2011, 06:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I thought the new "Mother's Day" was pretty good and certainly showed that Bousman is capable of doing more than just flashy cuts and extended torture scenes.
The acting is also a good cut above its recent US horror competition.
Sam@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th October 2011, 01:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Funny Games...non horror mates recommended it, i liked but i class this as a horror film.....same with Inside (a masterpiece).
Them/Ils....ok up to a point, then it just dies on the vine (the ladder bit....)

speaking of home invasion...how about The Orphan?? slightly different take on it but still.....

and i just sit in awe when i watch Martyrs, how to **** with your audience 101 etc.....

sue me
Old 5th October 2011, 01:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
Funny Games...non horror mates recommended it, i liked but i class this as a horror film.....same with Inside (a masterpeice).
Them/Ils....ok up to a point, then it just dies on the vine (the ladder bit....)

speaking of home invasion...how about The Orphan?? slightly different take on it but still.....

and i just sit in awe when i watch Martyrs, how to **** with your audience 101 etc.....

sue me
The Orphan...that not really home invasion as the villain is invited to the house and lives there. Home invasion is just that, people in thier home being attacked by people outside. Orphan is a evil "kid" flick with a twist.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th October 2011, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
The Orphan...that not really home invasion as the villain is invited to the house and lives there. Home invasion is just that, people in thier home being attacked by people outside. Orphan is a evil "kid" flick with a twist.
ok how about Hider in the House then??
Rik and nekromantik like this.
Old 6th October 2011, 12:43 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs View Post
Well, I might prospect then and do a home invasion blog related to the movie.

If anyone's up for it, can I have some home invasion favourites and a snappy sentence or two about why you think each film is great.

I like the genre as well, these films still have the ability to scare me silly.
Cherry Tree Lane - A couple's home is invaded by youths so obnoxious I wanted to kill them myself!

House on the Edge of the Park - Watch Alex and Ricky as you learn how to play cards, do disco dancing, create snappy rapport with your hosts and....punch men in the face and rape their women! All you need to know about life is in this movie.

Fight for Your Life - A film so outrageous it caused the collapse of the race equalities commission!

Am I being too politically incorrect?
Old 10th October 2011, 06:03 PM
Blogs Moderator

Exclusive Clip: Unwelcome Guests

Mother's Day: Unwelcome Guests - Cult Laboratories
Old 13th October 2011, 06:46 PM
Blogs Moderator

CHECK OUT A NEW CLIP: MOMMA'S HOME!
Old 13th October 2011, 06:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've overlooked this thread because I thought it was about the original, which I didn't even see through to the end when the Horror Channel showed it, but this looks like it will be pretty good.
Sam@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!