Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd July 2011, 07:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Atrocious is been shown at FrightFest but I can only go for 1 day so will miss it!
It does look like it could be interesting.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 25th July 2011, 11:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Atrocious is been shown at FrightFest but I can only go for 1 day so will miss it!
It does look like it could be interesting.
shame!! i just "went" for the trailer more than Grave Encounters etc...but Noroi was well worth the wait etc....and all the other spanish genre things ive seen i like so fingers crossed!!
Old 11th October 2011, 01:03 PM
Ex-Member

Default Paranormal Activity 3 (2011)

Who else is looking forward to this film. I loved the first one and thought the second was good too. Saw the trailer for the 3rd film last night and it was very creepy in a Insidious sort of way. I hope it's as scary as Insidious and the story looks interesting set as a prequel. I'm glad the wave of commerical horror has shifted from Saw and Hostel gorefests to fright films it might make some pretty decent films come out, of course it will also open the doors for lots of bad ones.
Old 11th October 2011, 01:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm not a fan of these movies. They're no scarier than those viral emails that get you to stare at something for a while before a scary face appears and a huge sound shrieks through the speakers. The best thing about the first was the actress whose generous rack distracted me whenever she was on screen.
That said, the second one had some interesting ideas on expanding the mythos. I reckon I'll see the third one at some point, just for the hell of it.
Old 11th October 2011, 02:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'm not particularly a fan but my wife is so no doubt I'll be seeing this on the day of release. I did enjoy the first 2, just didn't think they were scary at all

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th October 2011, 03:48 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It seems to stretch plausibility a little that when the 2 sisters werre young this was all documented on camers, jus tlike it was when they both grow up. I'm not sure I'll be able to get past that somehow to be honest
Old 11th October 2011, 03:54 PM
Ex-Member

Come on, we got passed Jason coming back ten times....no wait 11. And we got passed how the killer from saw had a very busy life before dying...or did we?
Old 11th October 2011, 03:58 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
Come on, we got passed Jason coming back ten times....no wait 11. And we got passed how the killer from saw had a very busy life before dying...or did we?
Haha I get your point but the crappy reasons for Jason coming back are part of the appeal and they're grounded in the context of the supernatural. The Paranormal Activity thing is the same as Saw as far as I'm concerned, stretching plausibility to breaking point for the sake of keeping a franchise alive and presenting ideas which oculd never have been part of the filmaker's original intention.
Old 11th October 2011, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

reviews for 3rd have been good so far.
people that hated first 2 liked it!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 11th October 2011, 05:54 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
reviews for 3rd have been good so far.
people that hated first 2 liked it!
I get the feeling it will follow isidious for scares. The 2nd one wasn't as great as first. I like the franchise. I feel they could take it anywhere. It scared me, the first one as I didn't know what it was and was really surprised. I loved it. I think the hand held camera thing works well with PA and REC. I just like this form of cinema. When its good you feel the isolation more and the terror, when its bad its just most haunted.

Like this? Share it using the links below!