Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2011, 10:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

loved the 1st (with the PROPER ending, ahem), hence when i saw the 2nd was v confused. wasnt until i saw official PA (with a substandard ending as far as im concerned) that 2nd "made sense". thought that the trailer for 3rd was at most meh... and youve never seen Youve Been Framed? most of that footage is from the 80s/90s still so its nae stretching plausability THAT far that they wouldve been filming the girls....AAAAnyway, didnt theink much of the trailer, am holding out for the asian remake (for once, and why not?) but then i liked The Wig....sue me
Old 17th October 2011, 05:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
I'm not a fan of these movies. The best thing about the first was the actress whose generous rack distracted me whenever she was on screen.
I agree and yours truly turned off the first film before the half hour mark. Totally devoid of scares and boring imo. Far more apt viewing for those fans frightened by the likes of The Blair Witch Project and all other 'wobblycam' hand-held brand of horror. However, like yourself i do recall PA's female lead being somewhat easy on the eye, though.
Old 22nd October 2011, 07:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Really disappointed with this, the trailer made the movie look a lot better than it is (a lot of the scenes from the trailer were not in the final film). Low on good scares and a certain addition to the story line ruined it for me I'm afraid.

Old 22nd October 2011, 08:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
Really disappointed with this, the trailer made the movie look a lot better than it is (a lot of the scenes from the trailer were not in the final film). Low on good scares and a certain addition to the story line ruined it for me I'm afraid.
first bad review I have heard about it so far.
I knew about the trailer having scenes not in the final cut but they might get put on the blu-ray release.

Im seeing this either tomorrow or tuesday.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm going to avoid this thread from now on - going to see this on Tuesday, shall be revisiting parts 1 and 2 in the days before. Despite previous misgivings I am quite looking forward to it
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
first bad review I have heard about it so far.
I knew about the trailer having scenes not in the final cut but they might get put on the blu-ray release.

Im seeing this either tomorrow or tuesday.
I was expecting the scenes in the trailer to not be in the movie cause it happened for number 2, but in my opinion the scenes in the trailer were scarier than scenes they chose to put in the film.

Old 22nd October 2011, 10:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I rate it 2.5/5. It relied too much on cheap jump-scares which I am immune to, the rest of the audience all jumped out of their seats every time though. It started getting better at the end, but then ended.
Old 22nd October 2011, 10:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
I was expecting the scenes in the trailer to not be in the movie cause it happened for number 2, but in my opinion the scenes in the trailer were scarier than scenes they chose to put in the film.
The trailer is awesome for it no doubt.
First 2 flicks they released "unrated" versions for home video so I hope all the scenes in the trailer get put back.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 22nd October 2011, 10:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've just watched the trailer and that is ridiculous, how can that not be classed as false advertising? I know it's fairly normal for snippets in trailers to not be present in the final film, but this is on another level.
Old 25th October 2011, 09:49 AM
Cultist

Here is my review: Paranormal Activity 3

Like this? Share it using the links below!