Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2011, 03:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik
Default Paranormal Activity 3

The first trailer for PA 3 has just been released!

Its a prequel....now the way they have set it up it dont look that good tbh from the trailer but part 2 was fun so will check this out.

Paranormal Activity 3

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st July 2011, 04:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Wha...? I thought PA2 was a prequel?

Hmm..the idea of doing it as an 80's camcorder job is vaguely interesting but at the same time I just think that enough is enough really. It seems a bit absurd to have these people's whole lives documented by the video footage of their friends and family. Seems odd to have the Catfish directors behiond the camera purely because they did a documentary feature. Could be interesting though we'll see.
Old 21st July 2011, 04:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I wonder just how much milk they can squeeze out of this rather sickly, unimpressive cash cow?
Old 21st July 2011, 05:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I thought PA2 was shockingly bad but I'll definitely give this a look. The central conceit, i.e what appears to be the reasoning behind the haunting (judging by the trailer at least) seems to be a little contrived to say the least.
Old 21st July 2011, 05:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

yeah I hope its not all because of the "bloody mary" chant as that would be so lame!
trench likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st July 2011, 09:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The first one sucked. Never bothered with 2.
Gojirosan likes this.

You make it easy.
Old 22nd July 2011, 01:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
The first one sucked. Never bothered with 2.

fair enough!
I disagree...it was not a remake or a crappy pg13 hollywood "horror" which was what was been shown in cinemas as of late. For what the movie was, a low budget flick made by a guy and his mates, it was very good and was creepy! Now yes its not scary BUT no movie for me since the exorcist has been scary. I can only be creeped out by horror so I dont go in expecting to be scared as then I will start to not like much! It was very effective and had a lot of atmosphere. I give props to Oren Pelli!

The sequel was pretty good too, it kept the atmosphere but amped up the ghost activity.
Demoncrat likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:56 AM
Cultist

Well to be honest i'm a big fan of ghost movies & while reaction to these has been somewhat mixed, i'm going to say that i actually enjoyed paranormal activity 1 & 2 (own em on blu ray) i found them quite atmospheric & spooky, this is a refreshing change from the crap the hollywood business machine tends to churn out these day's labelled as HORROR, so am looking forward to part 3
nekromantik likes this.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

arse! cant see trailer (will look elsewhere)...as always il defend these types of films...and as always il plug Noroi (The Curse) ONE mair time and a spanish(?) ting called Atrocious (ITS NOT a spoof)...trailers

REWIND

just seen PA3 trailer...hmmm.

‪Atrocious - Official Trailer [HD]‬‏ - YouTube

‪Noroi the curse trailer‬‏ - YouTube
trench likes this.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
arse! cant see trailer (will look elsewhere)...as always il defend these types of films...and as always il plug Noroi (The Curse) ONE mair time and a spanish(?) ting called Atrocious (ITS NOT a spoof)...trailers

REWIND

just seen PA3 trailer...hmmm.

‪Atrocious - Official Trailer [HD]‬‏ - YouTube

‪Noroi the curse trailer‬‏ - YouTube
I wish I could give you more than one "like", simply for mentioning Noroi.

As for Paranormal Activity, I mentioned above that I'm not particularly fond of the second, but I love the first movie. I do hate the theatrical "leave-it-open-for-a-sequel" ending, much prefer the two original endings.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!