Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2010, 07:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik
Default Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010)

Check the trailer out here

Dailymotion - Rare Exports Red Band Trailer - a Film & TV video

I think this looks like so much fun!
About time we get a another killer Santa movie.

this is released in the UK on 13th December.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i think we talked about this on the Podcast a few weeks ago along with another film called Sint from the director of Amsterdamned.
Old 4th December 2010, 11:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

yeah I seen trailer for Sint too but this looks better imo.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 9th January 2011, 04:10 PM
Cult Rookie

Saw this in london last week, I really enjoyed it! its well worth seeing if you get a chance.
Old 10th January 2011, 02:41 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas_evil View Post
Saw this in london last week, I really enjoyed it! its well worth seeing if you get a chance.
I saw this in October as part of the Frightfest Halloween all-nighter. It was really great! At least... in comparison to some of the other ones I saw
Old 10th January 2011, 07:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

yeah I enjoyed it too
not horror but still a very good movie

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th February 2011, 08:58 AM
Cult Rookie

Caught this Xmas shocker at it's UK premier at the Aberystwyth Horror Film festival last November - certainly an audience favourite!
Old 16th October 2011, 02:23 PM
Blogs Moderator

Default Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010)

Ok Cult Labbers, deck the halls, prepare Egg Nog, stuff stockings, synchronize watches...

“GREAT FUN AND VISUALLY SPECTACULAR”

Kevin Maher - The Times

“Eighties-vintage Joe Dante and Spielberg are the reference points” (Total Film, Four Star review) for Finnish director Jalmari Helander in his critically acclaimed debut feature, Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale, coming to DVD and Blu-ray on 7th November 2011.

Described by Twitch as “a Christmas story for people who hate Christmas… executed with such audacious style and with such a big vision that it’s impossible to watch without a big grin spreading across your face”, Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale has been hailed as “an original, daring, carefully crafted film” (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times) “full of wonderfully twisted visions” (The Onion) and as “the best anti-Christmas Christmas film since Bad Santa” (Village Voice).

Driven by his curiosity regarding a supposed archeological excavation located on a mountain near his remote rural home, young and adventurous Pietari stumbles upon the shocking, ugly truth about the being known the world over as Santa Claus.

Local legend suggests the jolly old man in the red suit was in reality a supernatural creature that, rather than rewarding children for being good, severely punished those who were naughty. When a large herd of reindeer on which Pietari’s father depends for his livelihood is found slaughtered, the townsfolk suspect it is the work of hungry wolves that have crossed into the area from the nearby slopes. But when all the local children mysteriously disappear overnight, Pietari fears the scientists on the mountain have unearthed something extremely sinister and very much alive from what is apparently “the largest burial mound in the world”.

Elements of “The Thing” are combined with the adolescent adventure spirit of “Gremlins”, “The Goonies” and “The Monster Squad” in what Total Sci-Fi has called “a fun family fright flick” and Little White Lies regards as “one of the best (and most brutal) festive kid’s films in years.”

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (cert. 15) will be released on DVD and Blu-ray by Icon Home Entertainment on 7th November 2011.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rare_Exports-_A_Christmas_Tale_RARE_EXPORTS_BLU_RAY_2D.jpg (100.4 KB, 82 views)
wayfarer likes this.
Old 16th October 2011, 02:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

I've had the German steelbook edition of this on pre-order from amazon.de for what seems like forever, but I really like the art for this one and great to see it's getting a UK release, too.
Old 16th October 2011, 08:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

i saw this in the cinema.
loved it

might have to wait for price drop of the blu however.
this month been expensive because of Jurassic Park and Salo

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!