Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Troll Hunter (2010) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/7108-troll-hunter-2010-a.html)

Kyle 1st March 2011 02:28 PM

The Troll hunter

YouTube - The Troll Hunter Official trailer ENGLISH version!

found this and thought i would share it :)

spoiler alert!

A group of students set out to make a documentary about a supposed bear poacher, Hans. The students are following Hans through Western Norway. When they try to interview him he tells them to go away, but they persist. As they follow him into a forest, they see flashing lights and hear roars from something larger than a bear. Hans comes running back to his vehicle, screaming "Troll!". They all seek refuge in his car, as their own is now turned over with the tires eaten. Afterwards, when the students ask if they can join Hans in his hunt and film it, he answers yes.

The next day the student meets up with Hans, who wants to make sure none of them are Christian, since the trolls can detect them by their smell. They assure him that they are not, and they return to the same forest as the night before. Hans points to a small brook and tells them to take off their clothes, wash themselves and slather themselves with troll 'scent' made from "everything you can squeeze out of a troll".

After this they follow him deeper into the forest, where they are told to wait for further instructions. As they wait, they begin to think that Hans is playing a trick on them. Suddenly they see a bright flash, hear another roar and feel the ground shake. Out of the woods comes a giant troll with three heads. They flee back into the woods, where they hide as the troll smells after Christian blood.

They return to Hans's car, where they see the troll turn to stone. They decide to follow Hans and document his work as he sets out to kill all the trolls that have broken out of their territories, and to find out why they have started to break out now and not earlier.

i will be watching this tonight so will tell you what i thought later

nekromantik 1st March 2011 05:21 PM

i thought it was pretty good!
:)

wayfarer 2nd March 2011 08:31 AM

I've heard that the movie is good. Might give it a punt at some point.

Kyle 2nd March 2011 10:39 PM

yeah you defo should i thought it was a great film

Splatterdragon73 19th March 2011 12:32 PM

A workmate of mine recommended TTH to me yesterday so i think i'll be testing this title out sooner or later.:)

phsyco butcher 20th March 2011 03:04 PM

Read a very small article on this in a movie magazine (which I'll admit I only bought for the Thor poster:rockon:) I've always been interested in the Nordic mythology and folk tales so I'll def keep one eye (!) open for it.

Apparently there's work on a sequal already and some americans are talking about a remake.

Thanks for the trailer too

helene 28th March 2011 04:11 PM

I'm really excited about this, although I never got around to watching it in the cinema... Sigh.

As far as I can tell, having only seen the trailer, the trolls seem to be very much inspired by the folk tale illustrations of Theodor Kittelsen. Do an image google search for "Theodor Kittelsen troll" and you'll see what I'm getting at :)

Sam@Cult Labs 2nd November 2011 05:08 PM

Troll Hunter (2010)

1 Attachment(s)
"THE BEST MONSTER MOVIE SINCE JURASSIC PARK.”

SUNDAY MIRROR.

One of the biggest hits with audiences at this year’s Film4 Frightfest and a major critical success during its subsequent UK theatrical release in September 2011, which saw it earning Four Star reviews in Empire (“spectacular fun”), Total Film (“ a true one off... it will quite simply blow you away”) and Time Out (“shot through with an unexpected, often unsettling, humour”), the horror-comedy Troll Hunter bursts its way on to DVD and Blu-ray on 9th January 2012.

The debut feature from Norwegian director Andre Ovredal, this “original and highly assured fusion of B-movie lore and fairytale terror” (The Hollywood Reporter) combines the vision of “Where The Wild Things Are” with the faux-documentary, found-footage stylings of “Cloverfield”, “REC” and “The Blair Witch Project” to produce an “enormously entertaining” (Variety) and suspense-filled creature feature that the Daily Star rated as 'one of the finest monster movies ever" and Total Film described as being “like David Attenborough taking a stroll into Roald Dahl’s brain.”

Following the deaths of a couple of tourists and a spate of livestock mutilations in the mountains and forests of Norway, the government’s official line is that rogue bears are responsible. But the local hunters don’t agree and neither does a trio of college students who have been stalking an alleged poacher, Hans, with the intention of making a documentary film about him. Their persistence in pursuing Hans finally pays off when the filmmakers become victims of a night-time attack by something that is obviously much larger than a bear. In the aftermath, Hans agrees to an interview in which he reveals the truth regarding his occupation – he is actually a government employed troll hunter. Sceptical, the students volunteer to assist this unlikely hero in his work on the understanding that they will be allowed to document the proceedings and publicly reveal the heavily guarded secrets of a race of creatures thought only to exist in fairly tales.

A “clever and engaging mock documentary” (The New York Times) that is “fun, funny and fearless” (Little White Lies), Troll Hunter is “an instant cult classic” (IGN).

Troll Hunter (cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£17.99) and Blu-ray (£19.99) by Momentum Pictures on 9th January 2011.

Special Features include: Trailer; deleted scenes; improvs and bloopers; extended scenes; visual effects; behind the scenes; HDNet: A Look at Troll Hunter; photo galleries.

platostotal 2nd November 2011 07:02 PM

Now this has looked good since the buzz started, looks a fun ride indeed, count me in.

sawyer6 2nd November 2011 07:54 PM

Very good monster film,cool effects,clever dialogue,love it!