Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:10 AM
Cult Rookie

Default The Devil Inside (2012)

Saw the trailer for this tonight before Paranormal Activity 3 and it looks pretty good, however you can never be too careful when it comes to exorcism films lets face it. This one does look as if it'll have a few unique ideas and concepts though so I'll definitely be taking a look when it comes out.
Old 3rd November 2011, 04:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I like the look of the movie, from the trailer. However, there's now an established look for exorcism movies and a new standard set: Since Emily Rose, every Exorcism movie has to have an actress that can contort herself into some strange poses. I noticed this again, in The Devil Inside.

Anotehr trailer that caught my eye was for Ti (House of the Devil) West's The Innkeepers. It looks creepy, then I saw the ghost; black drippy eyes again. There seems to be a real lack of imagination with the effects.
Old 3rd November 2011, 10:43 PM
Cult Rookie

I know what you mean, the whole research lab/asylum setting could be an interesting twist though, I'm looking forward to it although I have a lingering feeling that the trailer may be scarier than the film itself, hopefully I'm proved wrong though. I didn't see The Innkeepers trailer, I might have to give it a look.
Old 4th November 2011, 02:02 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I missed Innkeepers at Frightfest but its meant to be very good but a slow burner just like West's other movies.
I wasnt a fan of House of the Devil however.

Devil Inside looks like it could be really good. Could turn out to be a load of c**p though

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th November 2011, 07:37 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Ha, I must be the only one who saw the trailer and thought "Ah, not another one of these?"
Old 4th November 2011, 07:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I missed Innkeepers at Frightfest but its meant to be very good but a slow burner just like West's other movies.
I wasnt a fan of House of the Devil however.

Devil Inside looks like it could be really good. Could turn out to be a load of c**p though

I'm usually fairly optimistic and like to give a movie a chance but I got burned with The Rite, which I thought was a terrible movie. The trailer looked interesting. The "Factual" book was an ok read, but Hopkins was playing Lecter again.
Essexfreak likes this.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
I'm usually fairly optimistic and like to give a movie a chance but I got burned with The Rite, which I thought was a terrible movie. The trailer looked interesting. The "Factual" book was an ok read, but Hopkins was playing Lecter again.
The Rite was not that bad imo.
Was not great by any means but I enjoyed it.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 9th January 2012, 08:33 AM
Cult Rookie

I'm quite looking forward to The Devil Inside. Didn't think much of The Rite, Hopkins was his usually self, chewing up the sets, but I thought the film was poor. This one (well the trailer at least) has put a nice (head) spin on the foemula and looks double creepy.
Old 9th January 2012, 08:45 AM
Cult Rookie

Looks like it could be good, but I am sort of wary of exprocism movies, emily rose and the exorcist seem to be the patent for most others that followed, I would like to see something with a different idea.
Old 9th January 2012, 10:50 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Devil Inside has stormed to the top of the US box office taking $34m on a paltry budget of $1m.

Like this? Share it using the links below!