Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   You're Next (2011) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/7597-youre-next-2011-a.html)

JamesN 23rd June 2016 01:01 PM

I didn't expect to care much for THE GUEST.

Looooooved it. Killer soundtrack.

Zach Zeman 23rd June 2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks (Post 495021)
But 'The Guest' is something special; it's like John Carpenter directing 'The Terminator'.

That's an amazing way to describe it. Exactly. Fantastic soundtrack and a nice 80s "Halloween" feel to the whole movie.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd June 2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesN (Post 495034)
I didn't expect to care much for THE GUEST.

Looooooved it. Killer soundtrack.

Me too. :nod:

I'm another who wasn't much a fan of You're Next though, I found it pretty dull and predictable overall, mostly thanks to a pretty bland script. Plus, pretty much all of the characters annoyed me quite considerably to the extent that I wanted them all to die and be quick about it. Thankfully most of them did.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd June 2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 495039)

I'm another who wasn't much a fan of You're Next though, I found it pretty dull and predictable overall, mostly thanks to a pretty bland script. Plus, pretty much all of the characters annoyed me quite considerably to the extent that I wanted them all to die and be quick about it. Thankfully most of them did.

Another fan of The Guest here. Seen it three times this year already...that's probably it for now though. :lol:

Inspector Abberline 23rd June 2016 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 495039)

You're Next was plain obnoxious modern film making at it worse,probably made by committee of bearded hipsters,fans can bleat as much as you want the film was derivative and crass. So fans of this twaddle go boil your collective heads. :tongue1:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd June 2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 495064)
You're Next was plain obnoxious modern film making at it worse,probably made by committee of bearded hipsters,fans can bleat as much as you want the film was derivative and crass. So fans of this twaddle go boil your collective heads. :tongue1:

I wish you'd say what you mean. ;)

Nordicdusk 4th July 2016 09:54 PM

I actually hated You're Next but the Guest on the other hand is a mighty fine film.