Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2013, 09:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik
Default The Conjuring (2013)

Hey peeps!

The first trailer for the new James Wan horror flick The Conjuring has been released!! The movie got a very positive test screening which is rare according to horror sites and the buzz about it is very positive! Its due out in July in the UK. Its based on the "real life" story of the Warrens who were a famous ghost/paranormal investigators and became quite controversial. Those that know of the Warrens and their investigations will know what I mean!

Anyway enjoy the trailer! it is really quite creepy!

Rik and SocialNightmare like this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 27th February 2013, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched this earlier, looks pretty good
nekromantik likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th February 2013, 09:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Hmm, Lili Taylor in a haunted house? Didn't work out so well the last time as I remember . . .
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th February 2013, 06:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Hmm, Lili Taylor in a haunted house? Didn't work out so well the last time as I remember . . .
Ha ha!
Well this aint a remake of a classic and its directed by a good director.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 6th August 2013, 07:46 PM
Cult Rookie

Went to see this today, I have seen a lot of people say it offers nothing new but in defence of this type of film, it's all been done before several times over so when i choose to go and see a film of this genre i go in judging it not only on the content alone but how well the content is delivered, i have to say this is well above average for this genre, excellently delivered and fast paced, i took my friend to see this as we both love the genre and over the course of Friday nights over the last few years we have worked our way through every film of this type known to man Terry's in his 70's and very hard to please when it comes to this type of movie (he loved it) as did i , definitely the best of this type in recent years, a solid 9/10 from me, even made me jump a couple of times (well almost ) be fair i am a tough customer on that front, i will be back at a later date to go into much more detail on why i liked it so much a i don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, can't wait now for the dvd
Old 20th June 2016, 11:18 AM
Cult Master

The Conjuring 2

You couldn't buy this kind of publicity!

Man dies in cinema while watching The Conjuring 2, and body goes missing
MuckyFunster likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th June 2016, 12:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The Conjuring 2

You couldn't buy this kind of publicity!

Man dies in cinema while watching The Conjuring 2, and body goes missing
Indeed. Mate saw it at weekend and all he said was that it didn't seem as long a film as it says. Which either means he enjoyed it, or he fell asleep haha

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Holy hell! That article and all the creepy stuff happening around viewings of the second movie is chilling. Most likely fake stuff but man, that's great publicity.

Saw the sequel in theaters last week. It's as much fun as the first, but the story isn't as tight as the first and there isn't as much emotional motivation for the decisions of the characters. But it's effectively chilling with that damned nun. It's definitely worth seeing in theaters.
Old 23rd June 2016, 01:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I should really watch The Conjuring. It sounds okay to me, but one or two on here don't like it, members whose opinions i tend to listen to,.
Old 23rd June 2016, 01:21 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I should really watch The Conjuring. It sounds okay to me, but one or two on here don't like it, members whose opinions i tend to listen to,.
It's got a deal of jump scares and those are always really annoying but in the first one they feel deserved and motivated. Most of them, if not all (?) further the story so they don't feel utterly pointless. Performances are great though.

What made the film so entertaining for me is that when I saw it in theaters, there was a woman sitting behind me commenting throughout the whole film and she was scared nearly to death. She kept saying "Oh, sweet Jesus" and "I need to leave, oh Jesus" but she stayed till the end.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!