Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Tulpa - Perdizioni mortali (2012) (Neo-Giallo Thriller Written by Dardano Sacchetti) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/8153-tulpa-perdizioni-mortali-2012-neo-giallo-thriller-written-dardano-sacchetti.html)

PaulD 6th March 2012 04:48 PM

Tulpa - Perdizioni mortali (2012) (Neo-Giallo Thriller Written by Dardano Sacchetti)

Just had this link from Alan Jone's Twitter:

Neo Giallo Thriller ‘Tulpa’ starts shooting in Rome

Sounds like it could be interesting - the plot itself sounds like something right out of a 70's giallo. Even thought not much info is there at the minute it sounds like something worth keeping an eye on, especially with Dardano Sacchetti's involvement.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th August 2013 06:31 AM

Apparently this opened on June 20th in Italy.

Hopefully it will make its way over here in the near future, as I'm very interested in checking it out.

bdc 4th August 2013 10:35 AM

Maybe something for Shameless? ;)

Delirium 4th August 2013 10:38 AM

One of most anticipated blu rays at the moment. LOVED it at the Frightfest, despite the overall negative reaction from the audience (shame on them!). It's quite a stunner of a film, a tad clunky, but has since been reedited from its abysmal frightfest screening and I gather the new edit works brilliantly. Still, I maintain the fact that it did so poorly at FF was not down to the film, but the fact it was put on at peak time, 9pm, to a boozed up Saturday night audience. Alan Jones let his love for the film get in the way of common sense as it would have been more suited to the discovery screen, like Amer; after all giallo is still a rather niche genre. And I'm sure it will have a cult following as it's a terrific psycho-sexual piece and a worthy modern giallo.

I emailed the production company a few months back and they said they'd let me know once they had news on a blu release, but I haven't heard anything. I'm not on facebook or Twitter, so not good at keeping on top of things. I rely on places like this for that.

Rik 4th August 2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 356401)
Maybe something for Shameless? ;)

:pound::pound::pound: Come on, we all know they're gonna announce a Super Duper Fan Edition of New York Ripper, with an extra 1 second of "previously available everywhere else but in the UK" footage ;)

Scyther 5th August 2013 06:40 PM

I'd buy a Blu of this in a heartbeat, and would definitely head out to the theatre if the Boston/Providence area would be so lucky as to have this one screen for a weekend!

Delirium 5th August 2013 06:46 PM

Me too. It's worth it; it's a beautifully shot, violent, almost Lynchian giallo.

It's one of my most anticipated home release titles.