Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Apartment 143 (2011) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/9494-apartment-143-2011-a.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 17th September 2012 12:22 PM

Apartment 143 (2011)

Apartment 143

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3_DVD_2D_1.jpg

"Paranormal Activity meets The Ring, a chilling Horror!" -Dean Boor, Shock Horror Magazine ****

Poltergeist” meets “Paranormal Activity” in this superlative ghostly chiller from the producers of “Red Lights” and “Buried”.

Key talent:

Screenwriter Rodrigo Cortes (the director of Buried and Red Lights) and stars Rick Gonzalez (Reaper), Kai Lennox (Yes Man; Boogie Nights), Fiona Glascott (Episodes), Gia Mantegna (And Soon The Darkness; 13 Going On 30) and Michael O’Keefe (Michael Clayton).

Synopsis:

Following the tragic death of his wife, Alan White and his two children find themselves plagued by a series of inexplicable events that eventually force them to leave their home and move into an apartment building in the city. Worryingly, within a week of moving, they once again begin to experience the strange phenomena that threaten to tear apart what is left of their family.

Desperate for answers and, hopefully, a release from what he is beginning to believe is a haunting, Alan requests the help of a small team of parapsychologists experienced in investigating and explaining such incidents. Armed with an arsenal of state-of-the-art technology, the team members set up their equipment and begin a vigil during which they will attempt to solve the mystery. But what they uncover proves to be unlike anything they have ever encountered before.

We like it because:

Strange bumps in the night are one thing, but when those bumps also occur during the day you know you are onto something much scarier than your average ghostly encounter. Working from a cracking script by “Buried” and “Red Lights” director Rodrigo Cortes, first-time feature director Carles Torrens pulls out all the stops to produce a creepy shocker you won’t want to watch alone.

Hot Quotes:

Paranormal Activity in just about every possible way… but with more action.” – BeyondHollywood.com.

“A creepy little ghost story.” – Horror-Movies.ca.

“Brilliant horror film making… This is a great movie to watch on the couch of a darkened room.” – LeftHandHorror.com.

“A healthy dose of creepy shit that will surely keep you from straying off into a lethargic daze… a film best served in the darkness of your living room and the volume turned up high.” – FilmDeviant.com.

Apartment 143 - [Trailer] (HD) - YouTube

APARTMENT 143 is out 15 October. Pre-order yours here.

Rik 17th September 2012 04:49 PM

I'm intrigued, love a good ghost film

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th September 2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 273957)
I'm intrigued, love a good ghost film

Can you think of any from the last ten years?

I'm interested, The Abandoned is great, as is Fragile, but thats all i can think of.

Rik 17th September 2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 273959)

I'm interested, The Abandoned is great, as is Fragile, but thats all i can think of.

Not everyone's cuppa tea, but I like the Paranormal Activity films, Insidious(kind of a ghost story), haven't seen The Abandoned I don't think, but I fully agree with you on Fragile

ecc 3rd October 2012 07:35 PM

APARTMENT 143 at DVDBeaver

Mojo 3rd October 2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 273959)

Did you not like Insidious, Dem?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 7th October 2012 01:46 PM

"Apartment 143 is a great addition to the haunting subgenre, and is highly recommended to fans of the paranormal that have been looking for a more true to life approach for the genre. " - ‘Apartment 143′ horror review (2012) | | The Liberal DeadThe Liberal Dead

Apartment 143 (out on DVD on 15th October) receives another outstanding review!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th October 2012 05:09 PM

Pretty cool interview with the film's director here - Carles Torrens Interview: Apartment 143 [2012]

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 14th October 2012 05:22 PM

Take a look at this great interview with Apartment 143 director, Carles Torrens, who discusses the spooky new film, his horror influences and his earlier work...

Carles Torrens Interview: Apartment 143 [2012]

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 15th October 2012 09:06 AM

It's out today! Woohoo! Pick up this great Poltergeist/Paranormal Activity-like horror film from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apartment-14...0291474&sr=8-1 - there's only 9 left in stock! :laugh: It's like Price Drop TV :pound: