Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Berberian Sound Studio (2012) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/9974-berberian-sound-studio-2012-a.html)

keirarts 5th January 2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 309214)
Yeah it's a nice package, listened to the audio commentary last night and thankfully Strickland doesn't give too much away at all about what exactly is going on. I was pleased to hear that he does consider it a horror though because I keep seeing people saying it isn't one, but really that's just because it doesn't fit their idea of horror (it fits mine).

Its definately a horror, in the same way a film like repulsion is. Snooty barstewards try and maintain they arent because they still try and hug to the halliwells film guide assertion that there has been no good horror movies since the 40's. Every time one comes along they try and re-categorise it!

Beyond72 5th January 2013 09:10 PM

Pretty damn great, but...

One of those type of films I admire but don't totally love 100%. (Yet.)

*Spoilers*

I love the backdrop obviously and don't mind it didn't go where most viewers will expect, but have to admit it still left me a little underwhelmed at the very end. An enjoyable trip none the less!

Rik 5th January 2013 09:11 PM

Gonna watch this later on tonight I think or possibly at some point tomorrow, haven't decided yet

Beyond72 5th January 2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 309300)
Gonna watch this later on tonight I think or possibly at some point tomorrow, haven't decided yet

Be cool to watch before or after Mother of Tears! :nod:

Rik 5th January 2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 309301)
Be cool to watch before or after Mother of Tears! :nod:

That's what I'm thinking, those are my next two films to watch, just trying to decide in what order

Beyond72 5th January 2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 309302)
That's what I'm thinking, those are my next two films to watch, just trying to decide in what order

Maybe after...as I'm definitely in the mood for some Italian horror after watching it.

Grape Ape 13th January 2013 04:35 AM

Any word on a US release of this? The soundtrack is available but no word on a theatrical or Blu release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and the devil

keirarts 13th January 2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grape Ape (Post 311930)
Any word on a US release of this? The soundtrack is available but no word on a theatrical or Blu release.

Some enterprising person is sure to release it, I have no idea if the uk disc is locked. The soundtrack from broadcast is well worth picking up.

it'smebilly 13th January 2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grape Ape (Post 311930)

Apparently, IFC will be releasing it at some point. That's all I can find on the tinternet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Beyond72 13th January 2013 12:38 PM

*edit* Wrong thread! :doh: