Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Berberian Sound Studio (2012) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/9974-berberian-sound-studio-2012-a.html)

Beyond72 14th January 2013 05:52 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0IcpyYQanP...ror+Design.png

BEYOND HORROR DESIGN: THE EQUESTRIAN VORTEX (Giancarlo Santini 1976)


:tongue1:

Paul@TheOverlook 14th January 2013 06:01 PM

Excellent!

plasterface 27th February 2013 08:10 PM

sound
 
got it for a fiver in asda , terrible cover, hmv's was a lot better . Anyone have any idea's what was going on near end, cant get film out of my head.

tele1962 27th February 2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 324516)
got it for a fiver in asda , terrible cover, hmv's was a lot better . Anyone have any idea's what was going on near end, cant get film out of my head.

As i see it, the making of the film is so far from his normal life it takes him over the edge where reality and fantasy become one and the same for him. He literally cracks up.

plasterface 27th February 2013 09:26 PM

studio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 324518)
As i see it, the making of the film is so far from his normal life it takes him over the edge where reality and fantasy become one and the same for him. He literally cracks up.

that's what i thought at first , but started thinking that the whole making of film was in his head.

Beyond72 28th February 2013 11:17 AM

Even the director struggles to give a definite answer.

What I take from the film is, his disappointment with life comes to head. He should be excited about a new job, but it's not what he really wanted. And to add to that he's being treated badly and doesn't really fit in.
He's homesick for a while, but then slowly realises his home life isn't exactly the be and end all, the letters from his Mum just reinforce his disappointment with life. And working on a horror film for virtually every waking hour isn't gonna help matters!

Not claiming this as fact, just what I take from the film.

plasterface 28th February 2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 324592)
Even the director struggles to give a definite answer.

What I take from the film is, his disappointment with life comes to head. He should be excited about a new job, but it's not what he really wanted. And to add to that he's being treated badly and doesn't really fit in.
He's homesick for a while, but then slowly realises his home life isn't exactly the be and end all, the letters from his Mum just reinforce his disappointment with life. And working on a horror film for virtually every waking hour isn't gonna help matters!

Not claiming this as fact, just what I take from the film.

I get that, but is it a simple case of him losing the plot so to speak. Are his mother's letter's real? the actress reads one as if they are part of script, he seems to live in the studio, The whole flight situation where receptionist tells him there never was one makes me think instead of her percieved frostiness to him earlier was her dealing with someone mad, very Lynch

Refused 28th February 2013 05:11 PM

Maybe the film is actually the film in the film.

....my head hurts.

Rik 28th February 2013 05:37 PM

I've watched it three times now and I'm still no nearer to understanding it, probably never will either. I'm putting it down to one of life's many mysteries like what actually happened to Richie Edwards from the Manics, where Lord Lucan is, who thought making the Godfather Part III was a good idea.......:confused:

Slippery Jack 28th February 2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 324658)
I've watched it three times now and I'm still no nearer to understanding it, probably never will either.

But that's a good thing, right . . . ?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.