Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Berberian Sound Studio (2012) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/9974-berberian-sound-studio-2012-a.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 21st November 2012 11:07 AM

I totally agree with everything that's been said on this thread. Berberian Sound Studio is a phenomenal film! A love letter to Italian horror, it's not only incredibly enjoyable and intense but fascinating too.

Here's the trailer for your viewing pleasures...

Berberian Sound Studio: Official Trailer - YouTube

Undergrowth 6th December 2012 12:39 PM

I loved this film. I saw it at the Renoir and the sound was fantastic - will definitely buy the Blu-ray. I have no idea what the extras are, I was hoping one would be a round table discussion with people who actually did over-dubbing and sound effects in the 70s.
...Just looked on Amazon - looks like my dream extra is not on the disc.
This is a pretty trippy film, especially towards the end - it was nice to see Nurse With Wound's Steven Stapleton was involved, with a couple of bits in the soundtrack, and a credit as 'sound consultant', or something similar.

Sam@Cult Labs 27th December 2012 12:52 PM

On on Monday...

Berberian Sound Studio: Gilderoy's Introduction - YouTube

Sam@Cult Labs 29th December 2012 10:58 AM

Arcane secrets of the mysterious 'Foley Artist'....

Berberian Sound Studio: Vegetable Hacker - YouTube

Paul@TheOverlook 29th December 2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs (Post 306145)

My mate picked this up in an HMV yesterday, just FYI. Mine was dispatched from HMV last week and it's yet to arrive. I really cannot wait to see this one.

Justin101 29th December 2012 09:35 PM

My amazon order has dispatched, I'm going into this totally blind, apart from the forum buzz across the Internet, and now just popped my cherry watching that clip, I'm really looking forward to watching this movie once it arrives, looks like it'll be awesome on blu and sound amazing.

keirarts 31st December 2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 307004)
My amazon order has dispatched, I'm going into this totally blind, apart from the forum buzz across the Internet, and now just popped my cherry watching that clip, I'm really looking forward to watching this movie once it arrives, looks like it'll be awesome on blu and sound amazing.

Its the best film I have seen all year.

Sam@Cult Labs 31st December 2012 04:01 PM

Glad people are excited about this leftfield and original movie.

Like I've said previously, it's for lovers of horror films and the process of making them. Fans of watching ever extra feature on DVDs will be in their element.

It's out today, when you've had a chance to watch it, you're opinions are very welcome, here's another great clip...

Berberian Sound Studio: Scream Queen - YouTube

PaulD 31st December 2012 04:05 PM

I ordered his last night. I saw it at the cinema but felt slightly cold about the ending although I was in an odd mood at the time. All I could think was "I don't know if I enjoyed that or not but really want to see it again"

Rik 31st December 2012 04:07 PM

I'm gonna pick this up in store next time I'm out shopping. Not only do I have a major interest in this subject, but next year I'll be learning all about it as part of my degree in Sound & Music for New Media, can't wait!