Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2013, 08:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Me to..........mind you HMV here always have a good stock of Shamless DVD's.
The one I used to buy stuff from had a massive Horror section and usually carried most of the stuff I wanted, sadly it shut down last year
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd January 2013, 08:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
The one I used to buy stuff from had a massive Horror section and usually carried most of the stuff I wanted, sadly it shut down last year
They have got what seems huge problems.....pretty soon i think there will be no high street outlet for DVD & Blu Ray or even music as i think they are the only one left?.
Old 3rd January 2013, 08:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
They have got what seems huge problems.....pretty soon i think there will be no high street outlet for DVD & Blu Ray or even music as i think they are the only one left?.
It's looking that way
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd January 2013, 08:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
It's looking that way
This is the sad truth of it, and it seems that downloads are what we are left with as joe public coudn't give a fek how it looks ......as long as they see it by hook or by crook.

Good example being kids walking along with their phones blaring some shite that sounds awful and paying money to download it .......studios look at that and think quick buck why bother going for quality, any shite will do as no one is bothered............lets just make money!
Old 3rd January 2013, 08:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
This is the sad truth of it, and it seems that downloads are what we are left with as joe public coudn't give a fek how it looks ......as long as they see it by hook or by crook.
Yeah, I just lost my job partly down to this, we used to have people complaining they had seen everything on our shelves, even the stuff that had come out that week!
Old 3rd January 2013, 08:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Yeah, I just lost my job partly down to this, we used to have people complaining they had seen everything on our shelves, even the stuff that had come out that week!
We have a Blockbusters in Halifax, in fact it's the only place to buy new DVDs/BDs etc other than a piss poor selection in WHSmith, but I always forget about it because it's not in the town centre, I might have a wander down there tomorrow and see what bargains I can find.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
We have a Blockbusters in Halifax, in fact it's the only place to buy new DVDs/BDs etc other than a piss poor selection in WHSmith, but I always forget about it because it's not in the town centre, I might have a wander down there tomorrow and see what bargains I can find.
Do WH Smith still sell dvd's?

They don't online. I have fifty pounds of vouchers for them. I'll check out my local one for BBS tomorrow.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
WHSmiths here have dropped Blu Ray altogether here........probably the one who made that decision is the one listening to music through his or her phone speakers.......
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Do WH Smith still sell dvd's?

They don't online. I have fifty pounds of vouchers for them. I'll check out my local one for BBS tomorrow.
Yeah, don't expect to find anything worth buying though, I don't think I've ever bought anything other than stuff for the kids. I highly doubt they'll have BBS, although I could be wrong
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, don't expect to find anything worth buying though, I don't think I've ever bought anything other than stuff for the kids. I highly doubt they'll have BBS, although I could be wrong
They always used to have a simillar stock to Woolworths so if BBS is likely to crack the top fifty they should have it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!